Author Topic: How Does Cable TV Find All Of These Crappy Movies ?  (Read 17854 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: How Does Cable TV Find All Of These Crappy Movies ?
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2015, 05:34:16 AM »
So this "Roku"....."Amazon Fire Stick".... deal is like You Tube on steroids?

BAC

« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2015, 12:10:15 PM »
Not exactly, but you can watch Youtube on the Roku.  It's really just a way to watch Youtube, Hulu, Netflix, VUDU, and many other channels of streaming video on your TV instead of on a computer.

They can explain it better than I can: https://www.roku.com/

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2015, 06:08:35 PM »
They really don't care how they waste your money!

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2015, 06:27:03 PM »
Speaking of crappy movies I watched The Spirit last night on SyFy. What a big steaming pile of dung. No movies for me tonight. Too many other shows on.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »
One of my sons stopped in at lunch today and was showing us a new web page they use at the fire department to watch movies online......it's called Rainierland.

Just to see how it played, I watched two recently released movies, Fury and The Equalizer...... both played at 720p HD on my desktop with no skipping or lagging.

I might try one on my Kindle tonight at nap time.

Here's the link:

http://www.rainiertamayo.com/

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 06:32:16 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2015, 07:34:48 AM »
I'm going to DVR "Justified" starting this season. Can anyone give me the Cliff Notes on it? I'm going to try to record all of them if they broadcast the other 4 seasons, like they did "Breaking Bad". I went through the whole series in about 2 weeks. Blasting through commercials, watching as many a 4 episodes per sitting. I'd like to do much the same with "Justified", if it's as good.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2015, 08:24:55 AM »
If Breaking Bad is a 10, Justified would be an 8.

Breading Bad was like watching a disaster unfold ...  can't take your eyes from it..

You couldn't really root for the "good guy" as he outsmarted other bad guys, the law and his family, but sunk deeper into the pit with each success. 

Justified has a different theme...a "not by the book" good guy walking the line between legal and illegal, some times with a foot on each side or both feet on one side or the other, doing what it takes to get the right thing done.

I was captivated by the Breaking Bad series but I've never watched a rerun as often as they have been shown.

I have watched every Justified rerun and enjoy them each time....might wear thin after half a dozen times...

I'd be much more likely to buy the Justified "Complete DVD Set" than the Breaking Bad.

P.S.  Justified's reruns have just finished in time for the start of the final season.

Raylan puts hand on  holstered gun and says  "I will drop 4 of you before you can clear leather and I'll take my chances with the other two, and this (indicating his Marshals badge) will make it legal.  Do you understand where this is going?"
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2015, 08:48:14 AM »
Sounds good. I never watched a single episode of "Breaking Bad", until I broke in on the last 20 minutes of the last episode. I then recorded every rerun from the first episode on, until I had seen the entire series, beginning to end. I'm hoping to do the same with "Justified".

I'm sure with the series being as successful as it is / was, they'll be rerunning it more than once. One I really miss is "Deadwood". I bought the entire DVD collection. It had some great acting. I don't understand why you don't see more of the people who were in it. Especially the saloon owner, "Swearingen". I'll never forget his line when he walked into the saloon and shouted out..... "Enough of this bull$h!t. Let's get the booze flowin' and the whores F*#KING!"........ I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

tombogan03884

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2015, 01:01:38 PM »
He was a much better character than the wimpy sheriff.

Shoot the guns of history

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2015, 11:56:04 AM »
over the weekend, Dish network had a free preview weekend of HBO, Showtime and cinamax, out of the entire weekend, there was not one show on any of those that was worth watching, most of the movies were  several years old and they were not that good then.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk