Author Topic: Detonics has been sold again?  (Read 5993 times)

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Detonics has been sold again?
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:49:36 PM »
I just saw this on 1911.org.  Is this true Michael?  If so, who is the new owner?

http://ezine.m1911.org/coverpage.htm

Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

fm451

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Detonics has been sold again?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:25:46 PM »
CDR, I found another thread on the 1911 forum, with additional information re Detonics USA and Jerry Ahern:

http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:Yn11MmujevMJ:forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D172785+Detonics+USA+sold+Ahern&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us
http://209.85.135.104/search?q=cache:Yn11MmujevMJ:forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D172785+Detonics+USA+sold+Ahern&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=6&gl=us

I have the "Detonics" episode of Shooting Gallery on DVD, just watched it yesterday. I'm a big fan of Mr. Ahern's books/articles, and I enjoyed his appearance with Michael Bane.

The most relevant post for the above thread:

"On 05/08/07 I was in Pendergrass GA for a scheduled plant tour. I was greeted by a representative of the new owner, as well as a handfull (22) of ATFE Special Agents. The SA's were there conducting an audit. I was told by the rep that Jerry Aherns was removed by the board of directors. Furthermore, he no longer has any business, proffesional, or personal association, with any member, entity, or concerned party of Detonics USA.

Peter Dunn, well known and respected smith, who has served Detonic's interests well, is still whole heartedly on board with the company's production, and continued drive to serve the buying public with the best possible product on the market.

Allegedly, Mr. Ahern could not account for some major discrepencies in the company's acquisition and disposition record books. No arrests were made.

Detonics USA is alive and well, and their current product is equal to or better than anything on the market based on my research and buying observations."

Have no way of knowing if the above is true, I'm hoping that Mr. Bane,  through his contacts in the Industry, can give his input as to what is really going on at Detonics USA.  ???

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 04:03:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply and information fm451.....much appreciated.  Yours is the only reply to my posting in 10 days.  I would have thought Michael would have commented by now with some information given his close relationship with Detonics.  It doesn't sound positive for Mr. Ahern, certainly, especially if he really did play with the books.  Sounds like there may be more news to come given the ATFE audit/investigation that is taking place.
Winchester Ranger T .45ACP 230 gr.+P JHP.................................When you care enough to send the very best.

fm451

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 11:58:11 PM »
No problem, CDR.  I too look forward to any comment or clarification that Mr. Bane could give. He certainly has never shied away from conteversial topics (Zumbo, et. al.).  It could be that, due to his good relationship with Mr. Ahern (he used to have a blog on the Shooting Galllery site), he would prefer to not comment; or he  coulld be seeking additional information on this story.

As a long time fan of Mr. Ahern's articles and novels (my favorites were the Hank Frost/'One-eyed Mercenary" books),  I hope that this is all a misunderstanding, and that any audit clears him of wrongdoing.

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 08:23:28 AM »

We have been trying to get some reliable (as in confirmed) info about this. As of now, we don't have any and have decided to wait with comments until we know for sure what is going on.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:06:21 PM »

fm451

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 10:20:48 AM »
Thank you Marshal.  Your efforts are greatly appreciated.  :)

fm451

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 05:07:45 PM »
Latest message, from the Detonics USA website:

"Detonics is going through some internal changes, all for better! Please bear with us over the next few weeks while these changes are put into effect.  Once we are settled in, new contact information will be posted and official press releases will be made. We're confident the changes will result in greatly improved products and customer service! Thank you for your patience! "

howlrwy

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 10:31:42 AM »
Thank you FM451.  After seeing Michael's show I was all set to start looking into a Detonics, but I think I'll wait now until I hear things are all back to normal or better.

NRA Life Member

CDR

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 01:33:08 PM »
I re-watched the Detonics Shooting Gallery episode this morning and am thinking what a shame if Detonics doesn't survive.  Their products are really innovative and, as I'm thinking about a small 1911, I am kind of apprehensive to go with Detonics given that there appears to be nothing positive being put forth about this latest incident.  I'm thinking about looking at the Springfield EMP, albeit 9mm, as a small 1911 platform alternative.

Can anyone shed any light on what is going on at Detonics?  Also, is an EMP a viable alternative?  That Para Carry 9 looks like a possibility as well.  My preference is still .45 ACP so I am hopeful that Detonics works things out going forward.

Thanks.

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 05:29:15 PM »

Covert Black Carry
Product Code: CWX645B
Caliber: .45ACP
Capacity: 6+1
• Find out more            Carry
Product Code: CWX645S
• Find out more

Slim Hawg
Product Code: PSHX645S
• Find out more            Covert Black Slim Hawg
Product Code: PSHX645R
• Find out more

Here are a couple of 45s for you, both single action and LDA.
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk