Author Topic: Gun Stories  (Read 22774 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Gun Stories
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 11:07:19 AM »
Am starting to think about Season 2 guns...thoughts, guys?

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

BAC

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »

Michael B

M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, Sharps, Kentucky (Pennsylvania) rifle.

pasotom

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 10:11:54 PM »
Winchester 1873 & 1876 . I also like the eary marlins 1881 , 1888 , 1889 & 1893 all fine guns with great history .

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 08:06:34 PM »

Michael B

How about some stories on European designs. I like collecting Webleys and Enfields. Maybe others do too.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

tombogan03884

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 08:26:06 PM »
How about some stories on European designs. I like collecting Webleys and Enfields. Maybe others do too.

Since it's aimed at a US audience how about the ones with an American connection, like the Webley RIC revolver Custer was carrying when he died.
Or ones that are available in numbers, like the Nagant revolver, Mosin Nagant rifle, Krag, Enfield etc.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:39:21 PM »

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 10:42:25 PM »
Gotta do the Rugers....ALL the Rugers....

...and, maybe some stories on ammo....like the 9mm Parabellum, the ACP family (.25 to .45), and the Magnums.....
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »
I have a fondness for Savage weapons.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2011, 08:11:06 AM »
I have a fondness for Savage weapons.

You mean like a tomahawk?
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2011, 08:12:34 AM »
You mean like a tomahawk?

No one likes a smart alec, Majer  ;D ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 11:13:12 AM »

Michael B

I would say most here have fond memories of their first experience with a firearm, mine was my dads Marlin 22 semi auto rifle and then at cub scouts shooting a single shot 22 rifle.  I would bet that many of the great shooters and hunters got started with a 22 and it lead them to many great adventures and accomplishments.  Given the name of the show, I bet the 22 was the very beginning of most of those stories.  Many of the sponsors are coming out with 22 caliber rifles in the latest technology and it might help get new shooters that are gaining interest from the quality of the show to take the first step and buy one and go to the range.

Doesn't Shooting Gallery start out with a boy and a .22?
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk