Author Topic: Sig 938 .22 L.R. Target ??  (Read 2661 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Sig 938 .22 L.R. Target ??
« on: July 15, 2016, 05:19:26 AM »
Does anyone have one of these? I came across one that a local guy has up for sale. I didn't even know they existed. The street price I'm finding is around $630.00 out the door in my area. This is not a cheap .22. It has beautiful Cocobolo grips. The frame is Aluminum. I was wondering if the slide is steel? I'm guessing for that price it is. It has a 10 round capacity.

If this thing is what it appears to be, it's going to be my next .22 pistol. It comes with excellent adjustable fiber optic sights as well.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
Re: Sig 938 .22 L.R. Target ??
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 06:26:01 AM »
938? 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 06:48:36 AM »
Billt,  rumor had it that Sig was going to make a 22 conversion unit for the 938 but all I have ever seen is the 22 version.  I would imagine that it has an aluminum slide.  Most, if not all of the 22 conversion units I know of are aluminum.

FWIW

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 07:20:55 PM »
It says the slide finish is Nitron which is what they use on stainless steel slides and frames on other models.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:44:54 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk