Author Topic: Gun Show Frenzy  (Read 2080 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Gun Show Frenzy
« on: December 27, 2008, 09:13:21 PM »
In Marietta, GA, today, Eastman had a small gun show.  Think basketball court with seats rolled back and a mezzanine area. (say around 22,000 sqft.)   Opened at 9.  I pulled up at 10 and the line was halfway around the building.   I kept on driving and went to WalMart where I picked up two sets of Weaver Quad rings.  (the only thing I really needed.....today.)

Listening to some ham radio buddies this afternoon, the line evidently wrapped completely around the building before it opened.  One fellow got there at 10:15 and left at 11:00 having never found a place to park.   I can only imagine the prices were adjusted to match the demand and am glad I didn't go.

These shows are fun to attend.  I run into people I know and it's nice to find trinkets and to look at stuff, but I can't say I'll make another major purchase at one.  Too many places on-line and too many local FFLs where I can get bargains.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Re: Gun Show Frenzy
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 02:21:42 PM »
I haven't been to a gun show in over ten years. Looks like it may be a while before I get to another one either. Most of them down here started dwindling in size a long time ago and there really weren't that many good deals except for ammo (and sometimes that could bite you in the butt too). Last time I went to a gun show was in Albany and I bought some reloaded ammo that ended up being really bad stuff.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 02:28:07 PM »
Gun shows are like strip clubs.

You get to see alot, touch a little, but nothing ever comes home with you.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 02:36:13 PM »
How many gun shows have you been to with 15,000 in attendance along with class 3 weapons & a firing line?
Different kind of 'gun show'

Can't wait for 2009.. THESE are my favorite kinds of gun shows..

http://current.com/items/87302871/machine_gun_shootout.htm

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 05:32:38 PM »
Great video, and the cannon put a big smile on my face.  :)
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:17:47 PM »

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 10:18:08 PM »
How many gun shows have you been to with 15,000 in attendance along with class 3 weapons & a firing line?

That was a great video! I want to go up to KCR someday to see what it's about. I want to shoot a Thompson! There is something about that gun that I like.

Here's a story from the local paper which echoes what everyone has been writing about across the country:
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2008-12-28/weapons_show_attracts_record_crowds

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 10:35:13 PM »

sounds like the monthly gun show in reno... only more people show up.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk