Author Topic: Storing Magazines  (Read 1538 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Storing Magazines
« on: April 23, 2021, 11:44:51 AM »
I think this has come up before.  Easier to start a new thread.

I use a Husky workbench with long drawers for my gun stuff.  I use to keep my magazines in open top trays where they stood upright.

Three things have happened:

1) My holsters didn't quite fit in the narrow drawer (2nd from bottom) and I had to move them down to the bottom. And move the magazines to a narrower drawer. Which mean now the magazines weren't going to fit standing up.
2) I got a lot more magazines and I need a better way to take them to the range than just in the bag.
3) I got a new range bag, the MidwayUSA Range Bag Backpack

So I went on a quest for plastic storage box that would fit in the Backpack and discovered the Plano 3715 fits perfectly.  It is one compartment which allow me to cram as many mags as possible into it.  (Dividers tend to limit the arrangment.)

So below are pictures of the drawers, old tray, the new boxes and the BackPack.   Same system works with 10/22 magazines and with my 929 moon clips.  For the.38spl speedloaders I lay down.  These trays are just tall enough to get a tray of 9mm ammo, without the box, in there as well.
I can get 11 G17 mags in them by laying them flat and two deep.  For the 929 moon clips, 22 fit just perfectly in each tray.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
Re: Storing Magazines
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 11:47:07 AM »
A really good idea. Thanks.
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
Re: Storing Magazines
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 08:00:45 AM »
You guys need to loosen up.  You are way too organized.

At least I keep mine in 4 or 5 places....including the one's I got from you Alf.  Every one of them is either on the storage rack or in the truck...maybe one in the tractor.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk