Author Topic: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?  (Read 47728 times)

2HOW

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: If the poop hits the fan what will you carry?
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2009, 07:30:01 PM »
I seriously doubt there will be any house to house, or any type of hands on confiscation. Too big a logistic problem. With command and control crumbling, people leaving ranks and so on. Besides I'm counting on you people in the city to clean up most of the traitors, which leave just a few for us WOLVERINES. OBTW ammo is not the only battlefield pick up that will be available  ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2009, 07:46:41 PM »
I'm not discounting anything. And, I'm not saying Badgersmilk is wrong here.

Can the crap hit the fan?
Yes.

Will the crap hit the fan?
I don't know, and neither does anyone else.

Am I prepared to do whatever is necessary to protect my family?
Absolutely. And just because I don't divulge it here doesn't mean I don't have a plan of action.

But refuse to live my life in a paranoid fog because of a fear of what might happen.
If I bow to that type of fear, then they have already won.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2009, 07:52:09 PM »
But, there's not enough troops to handle everyone....
Tom, help me out with the numbers if you're around. Something like 300,000 total troops?
No way they can concentrate on everyone at once.

About 3 million uniformed Govt agents, (Troops and all levels of police) some percentage will not act against US citizens. 90 million gun owners.

tombogan03884

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2009, 07:53:25 PM »
the problem would be a large group passing through your area with IR imaging, night vision, aircraft, armored vehicles, exc. doing a "sweep" for weapons.  I think the only chance you have is to find an area rural enough it takes them longer to get to you.  Once in your area.  They WILL find you.  Only a small force would have to remain to control the now unarmed prisoners / citizens who didnt get killed resisting.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best. :(

Technology can be beaten

tombogan03884

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2009, 07:58:50 PM »
I just don't think it would come to that. I mean, I look at at it this way: I figure at least half of the military is going to to go AWOL, rather than violate their oath to uphold the constitution. This will probably be entire brigades. Second, if the poop really hits the fan, it's going to be anarchy anyway. The military and LE aren't going to be going door to door collecting and searching for weapons, they are going to be barricading, and protecting civilians who can't take care of themselves.
I still say, get out of town, and you'll do okay. You just have to have the mentality that you are going to be self sufficient. Stay in small groups and don't present yourself as a threat.

In that type of situation the opinions of individual troops will not matter, they will stay with their units for safety and food. As the Unit goes thats how the individuals in it will go.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 05:21:30 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 08:12:33 PM »
I think for me, I drive north with the family for about an hour, pick up Tom Bogan and head north into the mountains of NH and get lost for a bit....I have it on good authority that Tom may know his way about a firearm.

The worst we would have to deal with is some overweight golfers and the occasional tourist...as long as the Canadian horde stays put, I think we can handle it.....

What say you Tom?

;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 08:23:33 PM »
Works for me. I will have a former Navy lady friend along. (Her Dad was a Marine and raised her right  ;D  )

Maximilian

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 08:32:05 PM »
About 3 million uniformed Govt agents, (Troops and all levels of police) some percentage will not act against US citizens. 90 million gun owners.

This is where the rubber meets the road. A friend I know in military circles has expressed the biggest concern for military is in a civil uprising situation the citizenry outguns the military by a factor of about 10.

To answer the initial question
XD 45
Puma 45 Colt
Rem 870

Timothy

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 08:44:17 PM »
Works for me. I will have a former Navy lady friend along. (Her Dad was a Marine and raised her right  ;D  )

Not a problem, we have plenty of room....my wife will need her tactical hair dryer though!    :D

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 08:50:15 PM »
Dont forget to count all the police, and Fema troops (yes, FEMA "troops").  Check them out on the web.

These cops beat down an old feeble woman.  Things arent going to be a friendly as the media wants you to think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4&feature=related

Just give it some serious thought, it'll be to late once the "poops in the propeller".  The more people that are prepared, and DO resist, the more time it will buy us all to do last minute stuff, and "get out of dodge".   Sit back and think it wont happen and your just another sheep waiting for the wolves. :(  (with a lot of money wasted on the guns they just took)

If you count the police you oly have to count about 25%.(remember Katrina)
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk