Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 38984 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #100 on: April 12, 2020, 01:12:33 PM »
I treat everything and anybody as contaminated as I did working 11 years in nuclear power!

I am also trained to quantify and fit test respiratory equipment.

Most are clueless!  A surgical mask does NOTHING to protect the wearer.  It is designed to prevent contamination of a wound or surgical site...

Until we ALL have access to N95 type protection, wearing a surgical mask just prevents the wearer from spewing droplets on others, just as the CDC has instructed.  I?ve been wearing one due to a smokers cough when I?m forced to enter the market so I do not frighten folks when I cough.

I have plenty of supplies and generally always do, including hand sanitizer.

Yep.

We had to go get medications and I saw a man and woman wearing masks while driving down the street in their car. I'm like, if this virus comes out of the bushes and goes through the A/C system to get you, we're all dead.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #101 on: April 12, 2020, 02:07:02 PM »
As some one that is biological weapons trained, worked on nuke plants and has spent more time in negative air then out of it working... the way people use gloves and masks while out makes me cringe.  I keep  telling people, gloves are only as good as the user.  Very few get it. 

I have been going too the misses  work 2-3 x a week for the last month to bring her food/ change  of clothes as things are pretty nuts right now.  Even the trained " professionals" that are in charge of doing health screenings( not just techs, but rn and mds) are doing so many things wrong its scary.  Last week i watched a md making notations on a thier clip board, i watched him neatly take off his gloves, wash his hands very well, then remove and clean his glasses.  I was happy he was doing everything right.  Then i watched him pick up his clip board and carry it across  the room to get a new pair of gloves. ;D

I got a dirty look from him as i was trying hard to hold in the laughter.  He was the guy supervising others to make sure they were doing the right thing. 

On the plus side i know the misses co workers are jealous as all hell that she is getting hot home made meals/ what ever ahe needs delivered  and they can not get thier significant  others  to come with in a mile of the place.

I am a realist, i know that out side of not haveing any contact with her and her moving out, i am exposed thru her.  So me going there does very little too increase my exposure  risks.   I am not worried in the least.

Ps the movment to get the " heroes" student loans paid off needs to stop.  They signed up for all of this, deal with it.  Even the misses that has more than double the student loans of the average doc agrees with me amd she would benfit more than most.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »
Gloves, holding cell phones, mask on....

Idiotic...

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2020, 07:17:05 PM »
Gloves, holding cell phones, mask on....

Idiotic...

I see this a lot.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2020, 08:03:57 PM »
Shouldnt that be in the classic joke  thread?
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 12:29:58 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2020, 09:23:07 PM »
Yes, I see similar occurrences.  I really don't understand how people can do something like that...I mean really.  What kind of cognitive dissidence is an action like that?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #106 on: April 14, 2020, 12:18:39 AM »
The last time I went to the grocery store they had all the aisles marked for one-way traffic. I screwed up once or twice, but at least I was trying. They already told people to stay 6' or 2 cart lengths apart, then they cut the number of customers allowed in the store at a time to 1/2 of its holding capacity. I think they said it's one person per 120 square feet now. I had more room to myself than that part of the time, but other times, me and other people passed each other going the same or opposite directions. Fingers crossed. N95 dust mask, do your thing. Some people were standing around talking, going the wrong way, standing in the way looking at something like they're in their own little world, you know, the typical things you'd expect of idiots.

As of 10 a.m. April 13, 2020, there have been 988 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Genesee County. 404 cases, 40.9% of the total, are in the city Flint where I live, and 116, 11.7%, are in Flint TWP, which I'm about a mile away from. So the majority of cases in the county are right here. No surprise there since Flint is the biggest city and the county seat, and Flint TWP is full of shopping malls and other stores, restaurants, and and all kinds of doctors offices. The majority of people in the city go there for at least one of those on occasion. Out of 2 dozen ZIP codes in the county, including "other", my ZIP code is the 4th worst, with 96 cases, making up 9.6% of the total. The worst ZIP code covers the entire city of Grand Blanc with 145 cases, 14.7% of the total. The only other areas in the county that are worse than mine are 2 more ZIP codes in the city of Flint, with 131 and 102 cases. 4 ZIP codes have <5 cases each and could be 0 for all I know. And there have been 75 deaths in the county so far, mostly old geezers. Age range 34-97 years, average age 71 years, median age 76 years. 54% of the overall cases are females but 63% of the deaths were males. COVID-19 is sexist and should be severely punished.

A bunch of black people, including the mayor of Flint, think they're all entitled to special treatment because COVID-19 is especially hard on them. Black or African American = 44% of the overall cases and 51% of the deaths in the county. Caucasian = 31% of the cases and 37% of the deaths, mostly in the city of Flint. The 2010 United States Census said the population of the city was 56.6% African American and only 37.4% White. So are they really getting hit that hard? Or are they just raising a fuss like they do because there are too many black criminals in prison?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1108
« Reply #107 on: April 14, 2020, 03:25:03 AM »
I forgot to mention there was $1,200 from the IRS in my savings account when I first checked my email Monday. If you hear about a man showing off his stimulus package in public, it's not me. I like to keep it in my pants.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2020, 07:34:50 AM »
At least one store here has gone to one-way aisles - not that most people are so clueless that they are oblivious. In one case, what we wanted (bread) was maybe 10 feet inside the one-way aisle in our favor - but we couldn't get down that aisle cuz there were 2 - count 'em - 2 old geezers blocking the aisle, going the wrong way no less.

Masks - N95 masks only help a little. They filter down to 3-5 microns IIRC, and the virus is .125+/- microns. It will stop some, but not all. Still, I wear one when I go out.

I love watching the news if only because of the way people are handling their PPEs. There was one shot where healthcare workers were being feted and applauded, and they were all outside (!!!) in their PPEs, including one guy who had a mask on - over his mouth only. Left his nose completely uncovered.

Another shot from Chicago showing a guy with an arctic mask on. Neoprene (for warmth) and nose covered but with the nostrils exposed, i.e., wide open. Guess you use what you got.

Lastly, I have seen numerous posts from people railing that people were going from store to store with the same PPEs gloves on. Why, didn't you know, that's how you spread germs????

I get sniped at when I point out that:
1. The gloves are to protect me, not you.
2. The gloves don't matter since they are not scrubbing their hair before going to another store, changing their clothes, sanitizing their glasses, etc. So the viruses - if any - are being transported on things other than just the gloves.

Given the abuse, misuse and flat-out lies about numbers, the MSM's flagrant fear-mongering (which will be conveniently forgotten when this settles down, the economy tanks and the attacks on Trump ramp up), the abysmal science (remember the early "scientific" models that predicted 500,000 dead in the US alone?), and the sheer stupidity of the masses ("Aaaaaand, just like that, everyone is an infectious disease/immunology/PPE/whatever expert because - internet"), we are in for a bit of a rocky ride in the future.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2020, 11:19:31 AM »
Probably just a coincidence     

U.S. Embassy officials warned in January 2018 about inadequate safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab and passed on information about scientists conducting risky research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/state-department-cables-coronavirus-origin-chinese-lab-bats
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk