Poll

What do you think of the Coronavirus outbreak in China?

A big deal for China.
0 (0%)
Not a big deal for China.
1 (7.1%)
Coming soon to a town you know.
2 (14.3%)
We won't have any problems in the US with it.
0 (0%)
Time to get prepared just in case.
2 (14.3%)
I am prepared for this Wuhan Chinese Flu.
6 (42.9%)
I am going to be ready if the US economy collapses in mid-April.
3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Coronavirus Outbreak  (Read 39002 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Re: Coronavirus Outbreak
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2020, 01:16:34 PM »
Shouldnt that be in the classic joke  thread?

All things considered topically, probably fits well in both areas.  8)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2020, 02:29:43 PM »
For those interested:

I was watching a tv series "Counterpart".  Started Season 1 Episode 1 on 12/10/2017
I am watching episode 3..so probably around Jan 2018.
The scene, somewhat unrelated to the main plot, is of German kids playing in winter as part of a health advisory telling parents to have their kids be watchful of playmates who might be sick.

The kids are playing some game where you kick the ball and one kid starts coughing....the other kids back away, pull cloth masks from there pockets and put them in place,  hooking them over their ears...

I just put it together...that Health Advisory from Germany...and I've noticed that the Corona statistics for Germany have been excellent...way below everyone I see for infections and death per population...they been doing it right all along.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2020, 06:17:42 AM »
There is a lot of talk about Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and its purpose.  I sense that it is considered one way or the other:  Protect me from you vs. Protect you from me.  PPE use is a two way street, and it is useless if not used correctly.

In the earliest days of PPE it was really nothing more than about keeping clean.  Wearing aprons, just like a baker or cook wore an apron to protect their fine clothes from flour and grease.  Next we add in more layers, and we get a mixture of keeping our clothes clean, and we start to protect the other person from us.  This was the addition of gloves and masks.  Today, we are still trying to protect the other person, but the main driving force, and where the category labeled PPE is to protect me from you.

When talking Personal Protective Equipment it is all about protecting the wearer from the environment around them.  PPE is also 10% having the proper gear, and 90% using it properly.  If you are going to use PPE to protect yourself it is more important how you handle it before and after you use it, how you don and doff it is critical, how you act while wearing it can negate its use all together, and what you do with it (handle the waste) can be more dangerous than not wearing it at all.

Under the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Rule, those required to use PPE must take annual training.  These are people that wear the gear daily.  When you offer this training it is amazing to see the bad habits and how hard it is to correct them with annual training.  Then, I watch people that think it is just about slapping the stuff on, and they will be safe.

My professional opinion of PPE during this time:

Facemasks - Use them, but learn how to use them correctly.  Also, they are one time use, so put one on as you exit your car at the store or office, take it off before you get back in your car.  Next stop, repeat.  If you are using disposable, but them into a plastic bag for safe disposal.  If you are wearing cloth/reusable, place them in a plastic bag, and wash in hot water with disinfecting detergent and/or bleach before next use.

Gloves - The way nearly everyone is using them, quit wasting your money.  You are actually in more danger the way you are using them then if you leave them off - Even if you aren't using sanitizer or washing.

Clothing - I treat the outside world like I used to treat the funeral home prep room.  If I must go to the store or dr's office, when I come home, the clothes I am wearing come off and are either placed directly into the washing machine or are left in a dedicated basket in the garage - They are not worn in and around the house.

Handwashing - I am fortunate to have a laundry room two steps in from the garage door, and I have a bathroom just a few steps the other direction from the door.  When entering the house, clothes off and before clean clothes are put on, all skin that was exposed during the excursion is washed.

Keep in mind that everything you expose to the outside world is being carried, and if you don't change clothes and wash up, you are just transferring everything that you were exposed to in the store or office you visited to your home and family.

This may seem like overkill.  I have not formed a full opinion on how much we are being played for suckers in this whole mess.  However, my wife is considered severely at risk due to preexisting conditions, so I am going to error on the side of caution.  I have a friend who is a physician, and he minored in statististic (too many esses and tees to get that word correct) analysis.  He tracks the real numbers through the medical field, not the crap we see, and he is pushing the safety side.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2020, 12:17:27 PM »
There is a lot of talk about Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and its purpose.  I sense that it is considered one way or the other:  Protect me from you vs. Protect you from me.  PPE use is a two way street, and it is useless if not used correctly.

In the earliest days of PPE it was really nothing more than about keeping clean.  Wearing aprons, just like a baker or cook wore an apron to protect their fine clothes from flour and grease.  Next we add in more layers, and we get a mixture of keeping our clothes clean, and we start to protect the other person from us.  This was the addition of gloves and masks.  Today, we are still trying to protect the other person, but the main driving force, and where the category labeled PPE is to protect me from you.

When talking Personal Protective Equipment it is all about protecting the wearer from the environment around them.  PPE is also 10% having the proper gear, and 90% using it properly.  If you are going to use PPE to protect yourself it is more important how you handle it before and after you use it, how you don and doff it is critical, how you act while wearing it can negate its use all together, and what you do with it (handle the waste) can be more dangerous than not wearing it at all.

Under the OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen Rule, those required to use PPE must take annual training.  These are people that wear the gear daily.  When you offer this training it is amazing to see the bad habits and how hard it is to correct them with annual training.  Then, I watch people that think it is just about slapping the stuff on, and they will be safe.

My professional opinion of PPE during this time:

Facemasks - Use them, but learn how to use them correctly.  Also, they are one time use, so put one on as you exit your car at the store or office, take it off before you get back in your car.  Next stop, repeat.  If you are using disposable, but them into a plastic bag for safe disposal.  If you are wearing cloth/reusable, place them in a plastic bag, and wash in hot water with disinfecting detergent and/or bleach before next use.

Gloves - The way nearly everyone is using them, quit wasting your money.  You are actually in more danger the way you are using them then if you leave them off - Even if you aren't using sanitizer or washing.

Clothing - I treat the outside world like I used to treat the funeral home prep room.  If I must go to the store or dr's office, when I come home, the clothes I am wearing come off and are either placed directly into the washing machine or are left in a dedicated basket in the garage - They are not worn in and around the house.

Handwashing - I am fortunate to have a laundry room two steps in from the garage door, and I have a bathroom just a few steps the other direction from the door.  When entering the house, clothes off and before clean clothes are put on, all skin that was exposed during the excursion is washed.

Keep in mind that everything you expose to the outside world is being carried, and if you don't change clothes and wash up, you are just transferring everything that you were exposed to in the store or office you visited to your home and family.

This may seem like overkill.  I have not formed a full opinion on how much we are being played for suckers in this whole mess.  However, my wife is considered severely at risk due to preexisting conditions, so I am going to error on the side of caution.  I have a friend who is a physician, and he minored in statististic (too many esses and tees to get that word correct) analysis.  He tracks the real numbers through the medical field, not the crap we see, and he is pushing the safety side.

Yep.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2020, 01:43:08 PM »
Probably just a coincidence     

U.S. Embassy officials warned in January 2018 about inadequate safety at the Wuhan Institute of Virology lab and passed on information about scientists conducting risky research on coronavirus from bats, The Washington Post reported Tuesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/state-department-cables-coronavirus-origin-chinese-lab-bats

Nope. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdd7dtDaYmM&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0Z11p2_tUHxzJQYNl1QlXIPtDg-dsaimX7lszztngPYS0VMIsJIL2oaEk
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Sponsor

« Reply #115 on: Today at 03:00:42 PM »

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2020, 02:10:28 PM »
Was teasing about the coincidence.  Posted on page 3 about the relationship to the bio lab.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1107
« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2020, 02:41:00 AM »
Nope. Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdd7dtDaYmM&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0Z11p2_tUHxzJQYNl1QlXIPtDg-dsaimX7lszztngPYS0VMIsJIL2oaEk

The Kinks warned us about the Commies back in 1981
It's always the fault of the Russians or the Chinese
Or it could be I'm just being paranoid
'Cause there's a red, under my bed
And there's a little yellow man in my head
Paranoia, the destroyer
Paranoia, the destroyer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5yuCwmf2fk
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2020, 05:58:59 PM »
Ok...I think I've found the cure for all our Coronavirus concerns!!..

I just drank six shots of Stolichnaya Vodka 40% and my concerns about the whole thing seem to have vanished.

This helped chill them...just add some ice and water to the bowl.

—Patrick Henry

— Daniel Webster

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2020, 06:24:44 PM »
Ok...I think I've found the cure for all our Coronavirus concerns!!..

I just drank six shots of Stolichnaya Vodka 40% and my concerns about the whole thing seem to have vanished.

Seems to work for Pigosi too.  ;D

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #119 on: April 22, 2020, 10:46:14 PM »
Well, is everyone enjoying their free 30 day trial of Communism? 

I bet the people in Michigan are really having themselves a time of it....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk