Author Topic: Honey's Crimson Trace Grips  (Read 2797 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Honey's Crimson Trace Grips
« on: January 04, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »
I had ordered a crimson trace grip for my wife's S&W 686 4" for Christmas. With the kids all being home she just got a chance to put the new grips on. (She's very mechanical and insists on doing all that stuff herself)

The 686 is her favorite gun, and it's with her whenever I'm out of town. Here's an old photo with the original grip:

Now it's a much better home defense weapon with the laser grip. She had to mess around with it a little to make it fit exactly, and unlike the original grip the backstrap of the frame is visible as the grip comes in two halves. It's a rubber model that fits several S&Ws, and I was afraid she wouldn't like it because the CT grip is smaller than the S&W grip. Turns out she LOVES it. Once it was installed, at about 8 yards the red dot is exactly beneath the tip of the front sight, with no adjustment.
Here's the installed photo.

This model also has an on-off switch located on the bottom of the butt. It was an easy installation and the grip actually fits her hand better. I think we're going to get out this afternoon to try it out.
This is a great product so far.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Honey's Crimson Trace Grips
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 09:40:50 AM »
Cool, Jay.

Just don't forget the adjustment wrench. ;)

BTW what does the grip look like on the swing out side?  Leave room for easy unload, speed load?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »
Now she'll really out shoot you! But you can also claim 'foul!'  :)
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

CurrieS103

• NRA Life Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »
Curious about the cylinder swing out too.  I'm thinking about a set for my 686
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference. - George Washington

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
Very nice set-up.
I've known others who have ended up liking the smaller grips on revolvers better than they thought they would, after trying them.

Congrats....now she will really out shoot you.   ;)
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:00:59 PM »

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »
Cool, Jay.

Just don't forget the adjustment wrench. ;)

BTW what does the grip look like on the swing out side?  Leave room for easy unload, speed load?

I'm pretty sure the other side closely mimics the original.

This show both grips for a J frame:

Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2009, 07:23:14 PM »
The swing out side is not as thick to start with, and it has a curved cutaway that is lower (farther away from the cylinder) than the original grip. It leaves MORE room for speed loads and kicking the brass. Nice setup.

She already outshoots me so there's no difference except now she can do it from the hip.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk