Author Topic: .45ACP Oddity  (Read 10020 times)

rtyguy

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: .45ACP Oddity
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 09:53:21 AM »
These odd small primers are part of a program to issue ammo with a specific shelf life. These primers are dead in about 5 years and they are trying to get it down to 3 years. Don't take my word for it go to PMC,Winchester and UMC and check it out. They specificlly state that their military ammo will not have this unusual primer in it. An ammo company wouldn't do this on their own( think of the liability when you are being robbed,raped or assaulted and your gun goes click) so the government must have offered legal cover and maybe even funding for the research. Vote with your cash. Thanks. Jeff

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »
These odd small primers are part of a program to issue ammo with a specific shelf life. These primers are dead in about 5 years and they are trying to get it down to 3 years. Don't take my word for it go to PMC,Winchester and UMC and check it out. They specificlly state that their military ammo will not have this unusual primer in it. An ammo company wouldn't do this on their own( think of the liability when you are being robbed,raped or assaulted and your gun goes click) so the government must have offered legal cover and maybe even funding for the research. Vote with your cash. Thanks. Jeff

That, without question, is the most insanely, stupid thing I have read on this forum since I've had the pleasure to be a member here. Thank God it came from a first timer!   Bill T.

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2011, 12:06:39 PM »

BULLCHIPS, CHECKED ALL 3 SITES AND THERE ISN'T ANY INFORMATION REGARDING SHELF LIFE OF THERE PRIMERS OR AMMO. THE ONLY HINT IS ON "UMC" SITE WHICH MENTIONS THE LONGEST POSSIBLE SHELF LIFE. I EMAILED THEM FOR INFO ON SAME. NONE OF THEM STATE ANYTHING ABOUT DIFFERENT PRIMERS FOR MILITARY AND CIVILIAN AMMO.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2011, 12:22:33 PM »
That, without question, is the most insanely, stupid thing I have read on this forum since I've had the pleasure to be a member here. Thank God it came from a first timer!   Bill T.

+1

I think someones tin foil hat slipped a little bit.  ::)

"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2011, 12:51:34 PM »
I remember the whole "primer scare" of the 90's. That is when this whole swarm of nonsense took shape. Tom Gresham stated he had talked to both Federal and Winchester at the time, and they stated they did not have the technology to produce that type of primer if the government had paid for the research. How could they predict the exact time the primers would go dead? Reliably within what, a month, a week, a day, what?

This is just as much Internet nonsense as we attacked ourselves on 9/11, or we faked the Moon landings. People today, especially young people, have vivid imaginations, or else they are as dumb as a box of rocks. With SAT scores dropping steadily, as well as the current drop out rate, I'm beginning to think it's the latter.   Bill T.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 09:27:39 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2011, 01:33:13 PM »
 Then of course some people are just plain stupid.
I'm still getting advice to boycott the Gold colored "presidential" dollar coins, because they don't say "In God we trust" on them. By now any body but an idiot knows that it scrolls along the edge, a very interesting peice of work I would be somewhat interested in seeing done.
And then there's "Blair/Holt" and that G-D Muslim Christmas stamp.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2011, 01:48:35 PM »
Then of course some people are just plain stupid.

The sad part is their population is far greater than you think.   Bill T.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »

As proven in November 2008.

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2011, 01:08:19 AM »

As proven in November 2008.

Only about 20% actually stupid the other 33% were welfare blacks and college liberals like FQ.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 11:06:24 AM »
Great callout on the primers. Learn something new every day.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk