Author Topic: Game stop  (Read 5208 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Game stop
« on: January 28, 2021, 09:48:39 PM »
I find it funny as hell that the small guy is screwing the wall street types. Yet apps like Robin hood are protecting them.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

Re: Game stop
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2021, 10:35:39 PM »
I saw a headline blurb about what I think is a video game chain.

What's going on ?

We need a gopher emoji popping up.
Or BETTER, Bugs Bunny  .

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 03:18:01 AM »
Can someone explain what the hell is going on with all of this, "Gamestop" stuff??? I'm clueless. Thanks in advance.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:23:30 AM »
READ an article this AM.
Gamestop, a computer game company was going down the crapper, but gamers got together and by buying stocks they drove the price artificially high.
Some of the Hedge funds that manage your 401's and other retirement plans got hosed as they were going by actual market conditions instead of gamer whims .

The host server company, Robinhood, pulled the plug on them because it is a possibly illegal, probably illegal, market manipulation.
It basically amounts to "The street has spoken, and  they are dumb asses pumping up a dying company" .

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:24:38 AM »
Listen to Rush Limbaughs Thursday show, He explains it in great detail in the first hour or so.
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-the-rush-limbaugh-show-57927691/
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:15:22 PM »

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2021, 11:45:31 AM »
READ an article this AM.
Gamestop, a computer game company was going down the crapper, but gamers got together and by buying stocks they drove the price artificially high.
Some of the Hedge funds that manage your 401's and other retirement plans got hosed as they were going by actual market conditions instead of gamer whims .

The host server company, Robinhood, pulled the plug on them because it is a possibly illegal, probably illegal, market manipulation.
It basically amounts to "The street has spoken, and  they are dumb asses pumping up a dying company" .

Nope.

Basicly what happened. Henge funds "shorted " 140% of available  stock. ( basically you barrow stock from me hoping it goes down, sell it off, then buy it back at a lower price when you return it)  a investment  group on reddit(wall street bets)  found about about it by searching public info.  So they bought to make $$$$( I got in at $6/ share its now worth 200)  others jumped in.  Then people  started to realize they could stick it too the hedge fund if they did not sell.   The hedge funds got bailed out by citadel  which is 40% of Robinhoods  market.  So a call was made( no proof, but we all know it happened) freezing the buying of gms, amc and a few other junk stocks.

Louis Rossman  is a Mac repair guy in NYC.  He runs a YouTube channel, he would fit in here perfectly, but he is not a gun guy.  He has done lots of videos on this.  He explains it in terms drtv will understand, including giving the middle finger to wallstreet

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2021, 12:09:40 PM »
Nope.

Basicly what happened. Henge funds "shorted " 140% of available  stock. ( basically you barrow stock from me hoping it goes down, sell it off, then buy it back at a lower price when you return it)  a investment  group on reddit(wall street bets)  found about about it by searching public info.  So they bought to make $$$$( I got in at $6/ share its now worth 200)  others jumped in.  Then people  started to realize they could stick it too the hedge fund if they did not sell.   The hedge funds got bailed out by citadel  which is 40% of Robinhoods  market.  So a call was made( no proof, but we all know it happened) freezing the buying of gms, amc and a few other junk stocks.

Louis Rossman  is a Mac repair guy in NYC.  He runs a YouTube channel, he would fit in here perfectly, but he is not a gun guy.  He has done lots of videos on this.  He explains it in terms drtv will understand, including giving the middle finger to wallstreet

Yep.

A bunch of regular folks turned the tables on the hedge fund guys, made a killing, and they hedgers got all butthurt over it and are crying foul. The short/long game in the market can burn you if you're not careful......which is why I straight trade.  ;D ;D
Nothing really illegal happened, they're just pissed that they got their own tactics used against them. The hedge fund guys are usually the ones who take other peoples money and get rich and if the little guy gets hosed in the deal so be it.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2021, 12:32:31 PM »
Yep.

A bunch of regular folks turned the tables on the hedge fund guys, made a killing, and they hedgers got all butthurt over it and are crying foul. The short/long game in the market can burn you if you're not careful......which is why I straight trade.  ;D ;D
Nothing really illegal happened, they're just pissed that they got their own tactics used against them. The hedge fund guys are usually the ones who take other peoples money and get rich and if the little guy gets hosed in the deal so be it.
there are reports of people having thier gms sold with out thier permission.  That is intact a felony.   Also shutting down the buying of stock is against sec rules if it is for personal gain.   When 40% of your money comes  from some one that can lose billions.  It would be a hard hillbto climb that you did not do it for the $.  Sadly its only fines and sanctions.   

Personally  I could lose everything I have in gms and not even blink.  I did it at 1st to make $$$, now I am happy that I am giving a big head ache to a wall street wolf.   I should have bought into AMC as well, but I am not really into playing the stock game.   I have a guy that does that for me.  He was the one that suggested  I buy the gms personally.  He would not risk any of his clients money on it.  He does not take crazy risks with portfolios. 

I gave him 10k many years ago, he has increased that amount 10x in 12 years.    He does not charge fees, just take a % of his take.  Which is very high by comparison to other services, but it also means if he loses money you owe him nothing.  The other services still get thier fee out of you.

You know its crazy times when aoc and Ted cruse agree on a subject

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2021, 03:07:52 PM »
Eventually though the piper will have to be paid.

None of this stock manipulation does a thing for the actual business.  Game Stop is going out of business.  At some point all their stock will be worthless.  Somebody is going to have absorb that loss.     Good for those who bought low and sold high, but somebody's going to take the hit and get stuck.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2021, 03:39:54 PM »
Eventually though the piper will have to be paid.

None of this stock manipulation does a thing for the actual business.  Game Stop is going out of business.  At some point all their stock will be worthless.  Somebody is going to have absorb that loss.     Good for those who bought low and sold high, but somebody's going to take the hit and get stuck.

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All of this same bull$h!t happened with the whole ".com" fiasco. It kept inflating until the entire bottom dropped out. None of it was driven by actual earnings or value. It was all speculation, with everyone trying to jump on the train before it left the station. Pretty soon it was too far from the platform, and people started falling on the tracks.

The guys who were lucky enough to time it right, and get out at the top, (like Mark Cuban) made a ton of money. But most of the rest of these so called, "Day Traders", ended up becoming the next night crew at Home Depot and Costco. The same deal will happen here. It's like a giant game of musical chairs. When the music stops, you better have a place to sit down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk