Author Topic: Game stop  (Read 5208 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Game stop
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2021, 05:39:11 PM »
That's the way the stock market works....it's all a gamble and a matter of timing.

To a certain degree many of the stocks are cyclical in their ups and downs depending on the product or service represented. Good solid research into that particular stock's history is key.
For example, the company I used to work for typically takes a downward trend in mid to late fall and swings back up in early spring. Last April at the beginning of the Covid crap ramp up, it went from $30 per share to $7 per share....so I gambled and bought because the odds of a complete tank/closure is slim. When I sold in October it was $24 per share. I was calculating the usual drop in election years and missed making more because it did go on up to $30 by mid December instead of dropping like it normally does (I still don't regret selling because the risk wasn't worth it at that high of a rate of return).
Just like it did when o'bamalamadingdong was sworn in, the week after uncle sniffum took office it started down.....15% drop since last Friday.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2021, 06:04:03 PM »
So, what would I invest in if I only had $1,000?

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2021, 06:08:54 PM »
Most people don't have a clue about how this stuff works.
Oh, your so happy the Hedge fund got fucked, whoopie.
Where do you think your IRA, 401, pension plan, and every other thing that pays you later for work now get their money ?
Gamestop you are so proud of fucked YOU.
But don't worry to much, if your manager is any good at all he got you in too.

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2021, 06:11:50 PM »
I got out of the company 401k before they went bankrupt and froze the accounts!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2021, 06:23:22 PM »
Most people don't have a clue about how this stuff works.
Oh, your so happy the Hedge fund got fucked, whoopie.
Where do you think your IRA, 401, pension plan, and every other thing that pays you later for work now get their money ?
Gamestop you are so proud of fucked YOU.
But don't worry to much, if your manager is any good at all he got you in too.
if your pension fund or 401K is investing in a hedge fund short selling stocks, find another place to put your money they are doing you a real disservice. You only invest in hedge funds like that with money you can afford to lose
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:12:58 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2021, 06:25:59 PM »
if your pension fund or 401K is investing in a hedge fund short selling stocks, find another place to put your money they are doing you a real disservice. You only invest in hedge funds like that with money you can afford to lose

All I clearly understand is that $ is no different than steel or wood, it's a material to be worked.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2021, 09:29:28 PM »
So, what would I invest in if I only had $1,000?

Can't tell you what to invest in, but here's some to look into that I've invested in.

Global Payments
Sonovus
Johnson and Johnson
Exxon
Verizon
Ford
International Paper

A little riskier but good returns, EPD, Enterprise Products Partnership

YMMV
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

bulldog75

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2021, 06:13:30 AM »
Citizens sleep peacfully at night knowing that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2021, 08:55:08 AM »
Can't tell you what to invest in, but here's some to look into that I've invested in.

Global Payments
Sonovus
Johnson and Johnson
Exxon
Verizon
Ford
International Paper

A little riskier but good returns, EPD, Enterprise Products Partnership

YMMV

Depending on when you bought, you may have paid some of my wages.   ;D
I worked a while at a place that made their biopsy cups .
Little SOB's. Work my butt off all night and 300 parts fit in the palm of my hand.   ;D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2021, 09:24:25 AM »
I find it funny as hell that the small guy is screwing the wall street types. Yet apps like Robin hood are protecting them.

Robinhood IS them, they are owned by a variety of multi-billion dollar investment firms.

Look, I dislike reddit immensely (and yes, I am on the platform, haven't used it in months), they are a major vector in the whole cancel culture/doxxing/swatting trends. HOWEVER, in this case, they seriously pwned the wall street guys, last I heard to the tune of $90 BILLION. We'll see if that number holds up, but it is entertaining to watch the hedge people saying "we hate regulation but this needs to be regulated!" They got beat at their own game and now they're whining to .gov to "fix" it (in every sense of the word).

Watch big media too, I have noticed shady digs at the redditers and support for big money.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk