Author Topic: FNH/FNS ...  (Read 2447 times)

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
FNH/FNS ...
« on: December 28, 2012, 03:43:42 PM »
I picked it up today and I like it!, never even handled one before I ordered it but it would seemed to fulfill many of the 'wants' I had.
Firstly, apart from the take down latch, it's fully ambidextrous which is handy in our household as my wife is totally wrong handed and I'm virtually useless with my left as far as hand/eye co-ordination is concerned.

Secondly I've been a .40 fan for a while (sorry MB!), have a trunkload of such ammo and full size & compact pistols in that cal., but the missus recently bought a CM9 and we had no full capacity 9mm in the house.

A quick 10 rounds at 10 yards in the back yard after I got it home seems to indicate it'll shoot OK!

I had some concerns about the trigger before I shot it as my full sized Glock has a 3.5lb. transfer bar fitted but this seems to shoot just as smoothly and doesn't pull to one side as I sometimes do with the G. when in a hurry.
Best Wishes, Mike.

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: FNH/FNS ...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 04:21:02 PM »
Nice... and I like that they have replaceable rails.  Did it come with 3 mags?  I've been considering a FNX-9 for a while now.

Hope you really enjoy it!

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »
Nice... and I like that they have replaceable rails.  Did it come with 3 mags?  I've been considering a FNX-9 for a while now.

Hope you really enjoy it!

Thanks, and yes it came with 3 x 17rd. mags and 2 backstraps, almost everything else we carry is striker fired so it made sense for us to go with the FNS.
Best Wishes, Mike.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »
Cool.
I like the looks of the grip and angle.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 05:44:28 AM »
Congrats Bic!!! I have the predecessor FNP-9 and find it uber reliable after almost 5 years of ownership. Bought it Nov. 9th 2008 after the first BHO election. (Gee my concerns had merit?) ???

I too am "wrong handed"  ::)  but do really enjoy everything about this pistol.

Good call!!!!
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:31:22 PM »

DaverZ

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:48:59 PM »
I have both the FNP9 and the FNP 45 USG model,both are great guns.

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:17:47 PM »
Thanks men! - the FNP might have been my first choice was my wife not so apallingly crippled  :'(  and were not all our other 'carry' pistols striker fired.

Best Wishes, Mike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk