Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Politics & RKBA / Re: NRA Annual Meeting - May 2024
« Last post by alfsauve on Today at 11:33:25 AM »
Have no idea what's going on or who's talking. (Yeah, I now it's the members meeting but what's happening?)  Somebody, whom I don't know is starting to read, what appears to be a lengthy semi-legal document/declaration.  And do the signs say your For 2A or Against 2A?  Is that the 2nd Amendment.   A lot of context is need.  Is there an annotated transcript.  Heck just a transcript would be good. 
NFA Items / Re: 2024 nfa wait times.
« Last post by Big Frank on Yesterday at 10:50:10 PM »
 8) That's a decently priced can, too.
Down Range Cafe / US PeaceKeeper Armorer Small Punch Roll
« Last post by Big Frank on Yesterday at 10:43:47 PM »
One thing I recently got from Detroit Ammo Co. was a US PeaceKeeper Armorer Small Punch Roll. And it was long overdue! I previously kept all my punches, nail sets, and small files in a pocket less than 3"x7" at the end of the plastic tray that goes in one of my toolboxes. My other toolbox has a steel tray without any compartments. I got this small tool roll for $6.99 and everything fits in it. As a bonus, the tool roll fits in the same pocket in the tray of my tool box. On the far left is a DOT Durable Setting Punch for DOT Durable Cap 5/16 inch Snaps as used on army field jackets. I don't have a setting die for the fasteners, just a punch. Then I have a set of 4 nail sets, except the 1/32" is a center punch now. I don't remember if I broke it, or rounded it off by using as a punch, or what. I probably broke it since it was so small. The mid-size one that's left is 1/16" and the 2 on either side of it aren't marked. My punches are 1/16", 3/32", 1/8", 5/32", a 1/16" taper punch, and the center punch that's marked 5/16". 1/16" is just small enough for some of the roll pins on an AR-15. Anytime I need a punch smaller than that, I grind down a nail, like I had to in the army when I didn't have a tool box. Except, back then I had an M60 machine gun recoil spring guide rod that I used for a punch too. You could grind one of those down and break the tip off a bunch of times before you had to throw it away.

In between the punches and nail sets are 6 small files. One of my flat files was missing but I found it on my workbench after I took the pics. I put it in the same space as the knife shaped file in the center, and ignition point file my dad gave me a LONG time ago. It's flat like a piece of sheet metal, and was used back when cars had points and condensers in the ignition system. If you've ever filed the points in a car ignition, you may be an old fart. And you should NEVER use sandpaper or emery cloth because they leave a residue you don't want in there. To the left are a round file and half round file. The round file is a pain in the fingers to use ever since my ex took so much of my stuff and I no longer have the wooden handle that all of the files fit into. The round file is the only one without a handle of any kind, it's just teeth from end to end. On the right are a triangular file and a rectangular file with smooth sides that I bought for filing rear sight notches to widen them. Having safe edges on a file comes in handy when you want to remove material on one side but not the adjoining side. I also bought a Birchwood Casey 6 Piece Gunsmithing File Set with rubber handles, in a plastic box for $8.99. The files in the tool roll will be my backup. It will be nice to know where all my files and punches are now instead of trying to find them buried under other stuff on my bench.

https://detroitammoco.com/product/us-pk-armorer-small-punch-roll-blk

https://www.dotfasteners.com/

https://detroitammoco.com/product/b-c-gunsmithing-file-set-6pc-blk-rd
Reloading / Re: Latest 3D printer SIEVE project
« Last post by TAB on Yesterday at 08:18:16 PM »
45 acp with a spp  are an abomination before our God and savior John Moses Browning
NFA Items / Re: 2024 nfa wait times.
« Last post by TAB on Yesterday at 08:14:13 PM »
3 business  days.   Bought another saker thrusday night.  Got a call at about 2pm today it was ready for pick up.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Classic joke thread...
« Last post by TAB on Yesterday at 08:11:02 PM »
What did 1 saggy boob say to the other saggy boob?

If we don't get some support here soon people are going to think we are nuts.
Left The Range / Re: Jim Scoutten
« Last post by MikeBjerum on Yesterday at 06:18:43 PM »
I often wonder how he passed it is never listed ?
All they say is a "short battle with his health." He was posting voice and video until very shortly before death, so that pattern always points me to undetected cancer that climaxed, a medication reaction, or a virus (flu, pneumonia, COVID, etc.).

The family has remained extremely private about his death. Obituary was done as an article for publication with a tone of a outdoor writer and no family influence. His cremation was handled by the Neptune Society, and there has been no public memorials.

The death of a public figure is always a trick to handle. No matter how public you are, you are still a member of a small nuclear family. This is your primary responsibility, and they need to remain as such. However, there is the public that feels they have a special connection. How do you work out your personal grief and family change under this mixed situation? How do you heal without losing your identity to the celebrity, and how do you keep your husband, father, grandfather, brother, etc. in that context.

When Tom Knapp died it was a very similar situation, except we learned the cause. Tom had COPD, and this condition had not been hidden. He didn't announce it, he didn't use it as a crutch, but it showed in his events. People around him in the industry knew about it and helped him deal with it publicly. Tom's family remained very private, from cremation through whatever they did to deal with the grief. However, there was a range day, a shooting event that focused on trap shooting, that was put on as a celebration of his life. Both groups allowed to participate in what they needed for healing without changing who Tom was to them.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Political Figures for Commencement Speakers
« Last post by MikeBjerum on Yesterday at 05:30:41 PM »
Didn't one of the Kelce brothers down a beer as part of his speech?

Travis Kelce finally graduates from college with brother Jason - TODAY
Apr 12, 2024The NFL star and his brother, a former teammate, picked up their diplomas in a surprise ceremony hosted by the university president. Travis Kelce chugged a beer after receiving his interdisciplinary studies degree, while Jason Kelce completed his marketing degree.

This was at the University of Cincinnati. I can't find it now, but I read somewhere that Travis had been suspended, and that is why he never finished. Recently, both finished their credit hours.
Reloading / Re: Latest 3D printer SIEVE project
« Last post by Big Frank on Yesterday at 04:22:09 PM »
Does that apply to .40 Short & Weak too? I imagine they also use both primer sizes.
Down Range Cafe / Re: Classic joke thread...
« Last post by Big Frank on Yesterday at 04:11:21 PM »
Today I was wearing my FJB sunglasses when I drove my SUV with 2 metal FJB auto badges on it to the Polaris dealer, towing my ATV that has 2 FJB stickers on it, one on each side. I let my opinion be known. One of the guys said he liked my sunglasses and asked where his were. I told him I didn't have any spare pairs. We all agreed Stumblin' Joe has got to go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk