Author Topic: Black Friday Sales.  (Read 7019 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
Re: Black Friday Sales.
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 02:42:27 PM »
Got it today.   List price was $239.   I paid $151.

Went to the gun counter.  Actually, Adv Out is so big they have around 75yds of "counter"   It's divided by manufacturer, so I went to the Ruger section.  Not busy this morning, and the sales rep ask what I'm looking for.  I explain and show him the ads.  He pulls out their cheapest, black, plastic stock 10/22.  I said fine.  And we started the paperwork.  He did have to call a manager to get discount approval which was agreed to with no hassle.    While doing the paperwork I ask how many people had taken advantage of this offer.  The rep said I was the first one asking for the 10/22.  I said I was surprised and he said most people don't read and don't pay attention.   Or, he said, if I were a tactical sort, most people have low situational awareness.   

I'll do pictures tomorrow.  Other than the receipt, nothing special about this gun... YET.   

Oh and the $80+ savings only cost me another $350 by the time I got out of there.  2 Carhart long sleeve shirts, 100rds of 9mm, 200rds of .22lr, a P320 mag and a few other things.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 09:41:11 PM »
Attached.  Nothing special just a plain old plastic stock 10/22 with a barrel band.

I've stripped it already and am attaching a Tactical Solutions barrel, which I've had stored up for this occasion,  as we speak.

Anybody need a plain, black, plastic stock?
Will work for ammo

alfack

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2017, 11:22:56 PM »
They had those for $189 at a local "Bi-mart," that just opened in my neck of the woods. They also had great deals on ammo and reloading stuff. I got a few of those Federal XM855 cans of 420 rounds for $108 ea. Works out to 28 cents a round, which is the cheapest I've seen it in a long time. Thank god for Trump!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 07:15:31 AM »
So Al....what stock did you put on it?
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 01:10:10 PM »
Alf, Let me check with my Son. I gave him one of my 10-22's and He might like that stock better.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:06:11 AM »

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 07:38:31 PM »
Alf, Let me check with my Son. I gave him one of my 10-22's and He might like that stock better.

Let me know.  It's yours for shipping.
Will work for ammo

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 07:42:32 PM »
So Al....what stock did you put on it?

I ordered the Hogue tactical stock for it.  Unfortunately,  the wife wants to hold it as a Chrisrmas present.

I've had a Tactical Solutions fluted barrel for this project for several years waiting on the receiver. 
Will work for ammo

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 05:20:41 PM »
Alf, I'll take it, Let me know what the shipping is on it and I'll get a U.S. Postal money order out to you.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 05:48:28 AM »
Let me know how you like the Hogue stock.  Especially the heft of it...I have a Fajen adjustable that I may replace with something.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »
Alf...if your intent is to make a competition gun of the 10/22 (50yd or so), I might be able to offer a couple of tricks... I shot the Chevy Truck Sportsman's Team Challenge 5 years, and during that time my 10/22 slowly evolved... for Steel Challenge, the accuracy is probably not really necessary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk