Author Topic: Shaneen Allen moved to pre-trial diversion  (Read 6079 times)

ExurbanKevin

• Working on Gun Culture 2.1RC3
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • There are CZ's, and there's everything else
    • Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: Shaneen Allen moved to pre-trial diversion
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 09:21:32 AM »
My own two cents, as a NJ resident, is that the big fat Democrats in Trenton got to the prosecutor and told him to back off.  The publicity over this along with Washington DC's attempt to offer NJ style CCW laws may have motivated them to make this go away. DC's laws may be found to not comply with the court ruling, or thrown out, or challenged a second time. If DC is forced to be less repressive, the spotlight might then swing to NJ's shitty laws. Shaneen's case was simply causing too many waves, drawing too much scrutiny to what the democrat scumsuckers have been up to in this state.
They want to keep their heads down. I say it's time to attack, but I'm just one guy.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 12:13:40 PM »
Update:  Word is that Christi got the AG to contact the prosecutor and lean on him.
I still say the whole bunch is just worried that the rest of the world will find out what they're doing to us here.

www.bluebone.net

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 12:28:25 PM »
It is crap. 

She never should have been put through this.   At least someone forced the "right thing" to be done.

In the mean while she spent time in jail waiting for this decision.

What are they going to do about the damage this miscarriage of justice has done her??

While she was in jail, she lost her healthcare jobs (she worked as a phlebotomist, a medical assistant and a nurse’s aide). Her cars were repossessed, her cable and electricity have been shut off, and she is being evicted from her home of 12 years.

http://www.latimes.com/local/abcarian/la-me-ra-single-mom-marine-rice-20140919-column.html#page=2

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

tombogan03884

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 02:50:32 PM »
You all sound like those race baiters in Ferguson Mo.
The "victim" here was an irresponsible ass who was to dumb or lazy to find out if her permit was recognized in NJ.
You hypocrites bitch about Obama not following the law and then glorify some one who broke the law.
Do you have any idea how stupid that makes you look  ?

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:31:18 PM »

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 05:08:46 PM »
The "victim" here was an irresponsible ass who was to dumb or lazy to find out if her permit was recognized in NJ.

It would have been one thing to be fined for making that kind of a mistake.  It's completely different when she's charged with a felony with the possibility of spending years in jail.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 07:41:58 PM »
While Tom's comments are harsh, he's got a point that a responsible person should have the knowledge of the local laws and statutes of the border states near their home.

The fact that Tom and I, in a matter of an hour, can be in six different New England states makes that information even more important.  It's why I have licences in MA, NH and ME at the moment.  They're the states I spend the most time in.  Vermont is not a problem, CT is a PITA and I can drive thru RI without an issue as long I don't loiter.

Staying current on your local area is of paramount importance.

National reciprocity would be great but the f@*ksticks would use a state like MA or CA as the benchmark and then what have we got?

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 07:58:21 PM »
While Tom's comments are harsh, he's got a point that a responsible person should have the knowledge of the local laws and statutes of the border states near their home.

The fact that Tom and I, in a matter of an hour, can be in six different New England states makes that information even more important.  It's why I have licences in MA, NH and ME at the moment.  They're the states I spend the most time in.  Vermont is not a problem, CT is a PITA and I can drive thru RI without an issue as long I don't loiter.

Staying current on your local area is of paramount importance.

National reciprocity would be great but the f@*ksticks would use a state like MA or CA as the benchmark and then what have we got?

Yep.

We spent a week in the north Philly suburbs visiting the wife's aunt and uncle during June 2013. One day they wanted to take us out for lunch and then visit their old house and neighborhood where they lived when they first got married. I asked where it was...... and when they said it was just over the NJ state line (can't remember the town), I made the decision to lock my CCW gear in our suitcase and leave it at their house.

I've not felt that naked in a long time.  >:(
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 03:55:22 AM »
Tom , Tim, and the rest...you guys are right. But thinking about it this morning, we in NJ were seeing this as a way to throw a light on the way these Democrat cockroaches operate here. And honestly the judge and DA did it to themselves via the football gentleman who knocked his fiance out...nothing like double standards and unequal application of the law.
But even more interesting to me is that we kind-of inadvertently used leftist tactics:  ignore what the LAW says be cause WE don't like it, "it's for the children" surfaced in there, billboards, NJ2AF was out at the courthouse passing out 2A leaflets, young single parent....the protest and uproar was all EMOTIONAL because you guys are right....she was stupid and broke the law.  But the lib tactics worked!

Now we need to make a huge cause out of every victim of crime. "Discrimination against the elderly (but what about Grandma?)"  Savaged women, etc and play it against the Dems wish to disarm us all in the face of these thugs.

www.bluebone.net

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 09:26:09 AM »
I have no problem with her saying "F*ck their unconstitutional laws, I'm carrying and they can get bent".
What pisses me off is that when she got caught all of a sudden she's a "victim" .
People pushing this crap are no better than Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson.
Jay, if you want a "poster child" try finding one that is actually innocent.
This broad deserves what ever she gets.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk