Author Topic: Opinion on open carry.  (Read 38511 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Opinion on open carry.
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 07:59:46 PM »
The main prob with OC is, there are alot of ass holes that do it, looking for a conflict.  If you have any doubts about that, look at some of the OC sites, or THR( the high road .org)  Its full of people who think they are doing good, but are actually shooting all of us in the foot.  

I personally would not OC in a urban area.  There is a list a mile long on not to do it.

Oh, you mean the way the gay rights parade damaged their movement ?

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »
Oh, you mean the way the gay rights parade damaged their movement ?

it just backfired here in the last election.( if it back fired in CA, it will happen every where)  they went from about a 55/45% split to a 80/20% split in about a year.

Then again, much like it is with the guys looking for conflict, its only a small % of the population that screwed everyone else.  They pushed too far, and ended up losing every thing.   even the marriages that did take place, are 1 court case away from being voided. 
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 08:17:07 PM »

it just backfired here in the last election.( if it back fired in CA, it will happen every where)  they went from about a 55/45% split to a 80/20% split in about a year.

Then again, much like it is with the guys looking for conflict, its only a small % of the population that screwed everyone else.  They pushed too far, and ended up losing every thing.   even the marriages that did take place, are 1 court case away from being voided.  

As usual you are missing the point. 30 years ago being gay was a crime. now they are able to marry in many states. Sounds like a win to me.
Just because it happens in Ca. does NOT mean it will happen on planet earth.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 08:23:19 PM »
only 2 states have gay marriage.  also in many states gay sex is still a crime( tx for example)  hell in VA, oral sex is still a felony.

Tom, if you know your history, laws that tend to get passed in CA, tend to get passed in other states.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 08:34:17 PM »
This is a tricky subject, and I blow hot and cold on it. TAB is right that there's a high a-hole factor out there, but I still think the pluses are outweighing the minuses. As I said on the pod, I heard a lot of these same criticisms when were were putting CCW in place in Florida, and we can see how that turned out — better than any of us expected.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:45:17 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2009, 08:42:58 PM »
 40 years of tippy toeing around to avoid offending any one has seen us go from a few minor inconveniences like ATF forms to fighting for the very existence of the 2nd Amendment.
The don't offend any one approach like TAB recommends has been PROVEN to be a loser.
I'm armed, I'm going to remain armed,and any one who objects can KMA.

Walkeraviator

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 04:34:02 PM »
I live in Kentucky and am doamn proud of that fact.  I would venture to say we have the best gun laws in the country.  My right to open carry is protected by State Constitutional Ammendment and law states that no sity, county, or other municipality can limit carry further than the state law already limits it.

The problem is that most Cops and teh public in general does not know this.  And some Cops dont like the law and will attempt to arrest yuo on bogus charges like brandishing and terrorizing the public.  It never holds up and the few people I have talked to who have been detained or had their firearms confiscated usually end up in the right.  But it is still a hassle.  I dont want to be a "martyr" and cannot afford to lose my tool of self preservation, so until the local cops learn to respect state law, and the sheep stop freaking out, it is too much headache to bother.  If i had more guns to spare, and more free time to sit in cop cars I would open carry every day.

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 05:27:28 PM »
I live in Kentucky and am doamn proud of that fact.  I would venture to say we have the best gun laws in the country.  My right to open carry is protected by State Constitutional Ammendment and law states that no sity, county, or other municipality can limit carry further than the state law already limits it.

The problem is that most Cops and teh public in general does not know this.  And some Cops dont like the law and will attempt to arrest yuo on bogus charges like brandishing and terrorizing the public.  It never holds up and the few people I have talked to who have been detained or had their firearms confiscated usually end up in the right.  But it is still a hassle.  I dont want to be a "martyr" and cannot afford to lose my tool of self preservation, so until the local cops learn to respect state law, and the sheep stop freaking out, it is too much headache to bother.  If i had more guns to spare, and more free time to sit in cop cars I would open carry every day.

How are they going to learn the law and quit freaking out if they are not forced to face the real world ?

Walkeraviator

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2009, 05:12:03 AM »
How are they going to learn the law and quit freaking out if they are not forced to face the real world ?

I agree with you, but my time is too precious to be spent teaching them anything.  I wish I were a rich man with time and money so i could risk spending a whole night in jail and afford a lawyer to take a few badges, but i cant. 

MarkoPo

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »
I agree with you, but my time is too precious to be spent teaching them anything.  I wish I were a rich man with time and money so i could risk spending a whole night in jail and afford a lawyer to take a few badges, but i cant.  

I don't think "baiting" a cop to be arrested so you can take their badges is exactly the right approach. Sometimes it's as easy as educating the police and the DA in your area of the open carry laws. Hold an informative luncheon or picnic and put an ad in the paper inviting people to attend. That, in my opinion, is the best way to preserve your rights. Having people arrested for "brandishing" always looks bad on rest of the gun owners, wether it's a legitimate arrest or not. People read the headlines of the papers, not the court appearences weeks later. You may be found innocent but have damaged personal relations for the rest of us who may want to educate people on gun laws.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk