Author Topic: Upcoming Auctions  (Read 71935 times)

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Upcoming Auctions
« Reply #160 on: December 03, 2017, 10:58:15 AM »
I wonder if the guys bidding on this gold cup trophy have seen the 5 pages of Gunbroker ads that show several for approx $800? (without the added fees!)

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/72/3852/colt-gold-cup-trophy-semiautomatic-pistol-with-case

I have kept the auction bug at bay, ain't gonna look no more!!
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2023, 09:59:31 AM »
Too good not to share.

Rock Island Auction has one of Ed Givern's  S&W .357 Registered Magnums up for auction.  S&W letters, newspaper and magazine articles and an autographed copy of his book, Fast and Fancy Revolver Shooting.  Beginning bid is only $18k, but you might want to have an extra $10k or so in your back pocket.

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/89/478/ed-mcgiverns-smith-wesson-357-registered-magnum-revolver

Among collections being sold are, Mac McCroskie, Joe Marlin Hilliard, Dr. Robert Beeman, Jim Supica, Baily Brower Jr., the Don & Carol Wilkerson Collection and  the Putnam Green Collection.  Not sure is Tom Selleck has anything in this particular auction or not.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1443
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2023, 07:05:16 AM »
He does:

https://www.rockislandauction.com/catalog/89/?savedSearch=The-Tom-Selleck-Collection

Dang, I can't afford one of his 22's.  I really like that Marlin 1897...I'm just going to stay happy with my Model 39.  The Belgium Browning 22's are sweet as well...and priced above my pay grade.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2023, 07:10:54 AM »
He does:

https://www.rockislandauction.com/catalog/89/?savedSearch=The-Tom-Selleck-Collection

Fun looking at the collection. Would love to hear him give the story behind them. I'm sure that there are a few with great stories.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #165 on: Today at 11:38:39 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2023, 07:14:16 AM »
I bet there are some stories.  There's a pic with Charlston Heston at some event for providence on a shotgun.

I'd really like to know why he's selling these and if he is keeping others.  That Blaser set is really fine...
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2023, 09:07:06 AM »
I bet there are some stories.  There's a pic with Charlston Heston at some event for providence on a shotgun.

I'd really like to know why he's selling these and if he is keeping others.  That Blaser set is really fine...

From what I have seen of his collection, there are MANY others he has, as far as I know. Most notable is the Sharps from Quigly Down Under. I have also seen a few others from movies. Need to remember that he is not a young man anymore, and probably downsizing. Could also be some donations being made.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk