Author Topic: Good Buddy Has Cancerous Tumor on Kidney  (Read 32296 times)

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Good Buddy Has Cancerous Tumor on Kidney
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 04:53:38 AM »
Tough news all around, Crusader. We've got your back.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 08:35:20 AM »
Get home soon Brother.  You and I need to commiserate.

Stay safe, y'all are in my prayers and thoughts.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »
CR, this just sucks.  That being said, I firmly believe that God doesn't send us down rocky roads without providing strong shoes.  May God give Mike peace and comfort, and may he be with you and Bunny throughout this ordeal, as well.

We're here for you, my brother.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 06:34:44 PM »
I thank the Lord for each and every one of you.  I know prayer works and I deeply appreciate those prayers spoken on behalf of Mike and of course those for me and Bunny.

The situation has evolved to this:  Mike has metastasized cancer throughout his body.  There is no cure.  And yet, the docs still want to subject him to a liver biopsy next Monday.  I think I'll be the one to take him over to Moffit Cancer Center and bring him back after surgery.  Maybe a little conversating with the docs will clear some of this for me.

Mike vacillates between understanding and acceptance/and total denial.  One minute he is saying he wants to spend his final days seeing old friends and new places, and getting his affairs in order.  The next minute is is talking about buying a new .22 semi rifle with a 3-9 x 32 on it.  And all I can do is stand by him and try to be the friend I have always been.

We don't know how long Mike actually has.  His cancer has invaded his bones, his liver, his lungs, his colon, and we don't know where else.  None of it looks good.  And there isn't a lot of time left.  So, please keep the prayers going heavenward.  We are seeking peace and a graceful transition for a really good man.

I don't know if I mentioned this, but Mike and Nancy were heavily involved in the medical foster-care program and provided loving care to hundreds of sick infants and toddlers over the years.  Mike has been the very essence of generosity to those less fortunate and he has been the personification of what a good friend is all about to any of us fortunate enough to come into his contact zone.

Thanks again for the bended prayer bones.

Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 11:02:54 AM »
Thanks for the update, CR....prayers will continue for all involved.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:57:36 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »
Thanks for the update, CR....prayers will continue for all involved.

Ditto^^^^^

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »
Continued Prayers of comfort for Mike, and for your friendship and strength CR.

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2012, 03:16:06 PM »
The challenges facing Mike have continued.  The chemo caused blistering in his mouth, painful joints, general weakness and an increasingly poor lifestyle.  It got so bad the oncologist decided to change things up to try and give Mike some relief.  The entire protocol was abandoned for an entirely new group of meds. 

The change has resulted in a couple of tics on the "good" side of the equation.  First, Mike is feeling significantly better.  He has modified his daily routine to accommodate his condition--for example, he takes his major meal at noon so he won't have so much indigestion when he wants to sleep at night.  That has allowed him to get better rest, and that alone has improved his outlook.  Second, he went in for another round of scans last Thursday.  The results showed that many of the tumors are now measurably smaller.

It's certainly not a cure, and the oncologist has been forceful in cautioning against unwarranted hopeful feelings.  Mike is still likely going to die sooner rather than later, but he may have a bit more comfortable time left than we first thought.

Your prayers have helped.  I know this because I can see the positive results in my friend.  I humbly ask you to keep the line open on Mike's behalf.

Gratefully,
Crusader
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2012, 05:16:36 PM »
CR, no one is ever taken off my list!  Continued prayers.

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2012, 05:17:54 PM »
Good to hear that at least his quality of life, if not quantity, has improved....(and I can continue to pray for His hand in both).

Take care.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk