Author Topic: Don't Throw Away Those Old Oil Filters !!  (Read 6746 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Don't Throw Away Those Old Oil Filters !!
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »
Thank you for making my point. When there is a will there is a way....
Besides, the reply was to "really odd ball thread sizes." I find it hard to believe a machinist would think this is a hard project.  ::)

I'll reply with an absolutely unequivocal, rock solid, NO COMMENT  ;D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 12:44:10 PM »
Most standard oil filters fall into about the 3/4" to 13/16" diameter range......and have straight (bolt-type) threads in either standard or metric.
Making and adapter would not be too difficult with a little knowledge, skill, and a few of the right tools.

I'll reply with an absolutely unequivocal, rock solid, NO COMMENT  ;D

Err....um......err....yeah, what he said......

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »
Remember those black rubber "corks" from science class ?
The ones for test tubes and beakers, with the hole in the middle for a glass tube ?
IIRC they came in various sizes.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2012, 12:54:18 PM »
Remember those black rubber "corks" from science class ?
The ones for test tubes and beakers, with the hole in the middle for a glass tube ?
IIRC they came in various sizes.

And, they sell certain sizes at Lowes (in the blue drawers, in the hardware section) .... and at some farm supply stores.........

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk