Author Topic: You Guys Made Me Get It..I Caved Again  (Read 6953 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
You Guys Made Me Get It..I Caved Again
« on: November 20, 2010, 01:07:34 PM »
After seeing the post of the S&W 6906, There I was, being forced to go to Pompano Gun & Pawn....All they are is Guns, New and Trades. Than I get a call from m25, and we start, you guessed it, talking GUNS!!! :P

Bought my Saiga AK from them earlier this year, and know the guys well. So,..I'm looking at an SR9c NIB, M&P9c NIB, Sigs, and I ask if any decent trades are in the used section of the shop.

Well, as soon as I laid eyes on it, she beckoned me...The first thing I thought of was the 6906 post here at DRTV.   ::)

This thing was sold to PG&P from an older gent just on Wed. It is IMMACULATE!!!. There is no visible signs of wear anywhere.
So thanks to DRTV'S BAD INFLUENCE!!!,

Here it is: A Gen III, S&W 6904, 9mm. Ambi-decocker, "bobbed hammer", 12+1 cap. All Steel, but not heavy. Very balanced compact.

Thank guys, I appreciate all the great enabling and assistance with me and my gun addiction... ;)

I even threw in a "low-profile" toe pic, next to "Alfred", who gets very excited at the smell of gun oil now... :-*
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: You Guys Made Me Get It..I Caved Again
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 01:11:21 PM »
Looks like a real POS, better send it north for the winter, let me get 'er trained for ya!

Nice find, TW, enjoy.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 02:56:50 PM »
Looks like a real POS, better send it north for the winter, let me get 'er trained for ya!

But it doesn't like the cold,..... ::)
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 03:13:11 PM »
I will check the sight alignment for free you know.   And for such a good friend I won't charge you anything and will even supply my own ammo.   It might take a couple of months though before i can return it with test targets.

Seriously, that is a very nice looking gun.  Very clean lines.    Enjoy.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 10:32:07 PM »

Nice find, TW, enjoy.
Careful Path, or he'll send you the dog instead. ;D
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:49:46 PM »

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 11:01:31 PM »
I guess since I was guilty of starting the 6906 thread the least I can do is post a couple pics now that I have one of them clean. I got 2 but I haven't gotten the 2nd one stripped and cleaned yet. They're basically identical but one has just a touch more wear around the muzzle.

Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

tombogan03884

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 11:10:43 PM »
Back in the late 80's I had a 669. It was a good pistol, always went bang, but it really did not appeal to me so I traded it for something else, never regretted letting it go, but it was based on personal taste not any problem with the pistol.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 09:24:21 AM »
Another fine addition, tw....

Send it my way to see how it shoots @ a mile high   ;D

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

Combat Diver

• De Oppresso Liber
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
twyacht,

Congrats on a great pistol.  However, I've got some bad news for you. >:(  It is not an all steel gun as the frame is made of alumiumn alloy.  This will made the gun lighter to carry. ;D  I've also have a 6904 that has the earlier 2nd gen sights on it.  I did purchase a new Novak sight from Smith but haven't had the time to install it yet.  Here's my old worn 100% realiable one.

CD
Iraq: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09,15 & 16' Afghanistan: 09,10,11,14 & 17'

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »
Thanks for the clarification CD, I wondered how it was so light. I thought the S&W's (at that time) were still going the steel frame route. :-\

I'll take an aluminum frame. My old S&W Model 411, in .40, was very accurate, reliable, and solid. Thanks again, and for the CD stamp of approval. As one of my shooting partners likes to say,..."At least it's ALL metal, so you can beat somebody with it, when you run out of ammo, and you don't need Armor All to make it shiny..." (he personally does not like "plastic" frames).... :P

I can't wait to range test it. Hell, is aluminum stronger than the plastic fantastic? ::)

Col. Jeff Cooper.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk