Author Topic: 1911 Frontstrap Checkering  (Read 9842 times)

tombogan03884

Re: 1911 Frontstrap Checkering
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2011, 10:29:33 PM »
Jeez Tim, do you ALWAYS sound like Tatu when you get excited ?
Decorner, Bass Decorner !   ;D

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2011, 12:39:13 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all of the replies …and with pictures even. It's good to know that there are so many options before actually sending it off to the custom shop. I'm going to wait a few months to buy it, as I'll be abandoning ship on Kalifornia. I'll be able to get what I want, as opposed to what this state will allow me to have. I can't wait to join you guys in the real U.S.A.!

tombogan03884

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2011, 02:51:55 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all of the replies …and with pictures even. It's good to know that there are so many options before actually sending it off to the custom shop. I'm going to wait a few months to buy it, as I'll be abandoning ship on Kalifornia. I'll be able to get what I want, as opposed to what this state will allow me to have. I can't wait to join you guys in the real U.S.A.!

Fuzdaddy's new favorite song !

;D

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 04:15:07 AM »
When I was a kid, my dad used to play that in the car on the way to visit AZ. Ahhh, America!

Kalifornistan. I don't so much mind 10-round magazines, because I'm confident that that would generally be enough, but you never know when the one time you'll need more will be, and I don't want the State to tell me that I don't need more, when even the police (god watch over them) aren't held to the same rule. I can finally put my Mini 14's factory collapsible stock back on and the fact that I won't be able to bring my registered pre-ban banned guns back will keep me from ever looking back to turn into a pillar of salt. If I could just get my brother's to follow. I'll have to really assert that I am their keeper.

Fuzdaddy's new favorite song !

;D

ske1eter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 08:22:49 PM »
I have three different 1911's. The Springfield has no serrations or checkering, the S&W has vertical serrations, and the Les Baer has full checkering. I think it definitely makes a difference. It's certainly not a deal breaker on which 1911 to buy but if you feel like getting checkering done, go for it. I really like the sure, "tacky" feel of the Les Baer's 30 LPI checkering.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 11:33:54 AM »

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
When I was a kid, my dad used to play that in the car on the way to visit AZ. Ahhh, America!

Kalifornistan. I don't so much mind 10-round magazines, because I'm confident that that would generally be enough, but you never know when the one time you'll need more will be, and I don't want the State to tell me that I don't need more, when even the police (god watch over them) aren't held to the same rule. I can finally put my Mini 14's factory collapsible stock back on and the fact that I won't be able to bring my registered pre-ban banned guns back will keep me from ever looking back to turn into a pillar of salt. If I could just get my brother's to follow. I'll have to really assert that I am their keeper.

Congrats on the freedom Fuzzdaddy. But as for your new favorite song? Try this one. Its a whole lot better celebration of America. The Boss, In American Land. If that doesn't fire you up, you're three months dead. ;D
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk