Author Topic: 1911A2 Combat NCO-The world’s only 400-yard open sight accurate production pisto  (Read 16216 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
According to the 2010 Federal ballistics calculator a 230 FMJ Match round is as follows

Zero 50 yards

Trajectory    25yd is +1.1, 100 yd -11.8, 200 -77.2, 300 -205.2, 400 -405

FPS                     844          799               745           697           654

ME                       364         326               284           249            218
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
From the Lippard BS site:

Future Military Models and Weapons
A3 Pistol Model
All pistol parts identified with "A3" nomenclature are derived from this advanced model of a 1911. Parts are upgradeable to the 1911 A2 model pistols today.
This model pistol is not available at this time and considered KLD Classified. The key feature of this new pistol is advanced technology functionality with ammunition exceeding 4,000 feet per second.

So you see, "KLD Classified" must mean something like double secret probation, or a number 2 amber alert.
All you have to do is change the pistol and change the ammo and then change......AAWWW SCREW IT!!!
JUST PICK UP A DAMN RIFLE!!

This guy certainly is ambitious - his A5 model is "Slated for military use in 2100"
Dude, if your company is still slinging bullshit around in 89 years it will be a freaking MIRACLE!
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

tombogan03884

From the Lippard BS site:

Future Military Models and Weapons
A3 Pistol Model
All pistol parts identified with "A3" nomenclature are derived from this advanced model of a 1911. Parts are upgradeable to the 1911 A2 model pistols today.
This model pistol is not available at this time and considered KLD Classified. The key feature of this new pistol is advanced technology functionality with ammunition exceeding 4,000 feet per second.

So you see, "KLD Classified" must mean something like double secret probation, or a number 2 amber alert.
All you have to do is change the pistol and change the ammo and then change......AAWWW SCREW IT!!!
JUST PICK UP A DAMN RIFLE!!

This guy certainly is ambitious - his A5 model is "Slated for military use in 2100"
Dude, if your company is still slinging bullshit around in 89 years weeks   it will be a freaking MIRACLE!

FIFY    ;D

Herknav

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
Two questions:

1)  Didn't Elmer Keith routinely do 400+ yards (exact distance unknown) with a sixgun?
2)  Why isn't this pistol effective within 2 feet?

tombogan03884

Two questions:

1)  Didn't Elmer Keith routinely do 400+ yards (exact distance unknown) with a sixgun?
2)  Why isn't this pistol effective within 2 feet?

To answer :
1) Not sure it was "routinely", and it definitely was not a .45ACP, EK was using loads that were somewhat toned down to become the 44Mag.

2) I don't even want to take a guess on this . Some of the statements in the ad are just to stupid to comment on.

Sponsor

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
actually tom at contact distance many autos won't even function.

You can try this by taking a unloaded gun and pushing it into something like a stiff pillow. The gun can go slightly out of battery from teh presure on the pillow.  the same thing can happen with a body.

There have been a few cases over the years with LEOs having thier guns not go bang do to this .
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:

You can try this by taking a unloaded gun and pushing it into something like a stiff pillow. The gun can go slightly out of battery from teh presure on the pillow.  the same thing can happen with a body.

There have been a few cases over the years with LEOs having thier guns not go bang do to this .

+1  It a chamber check using some one elses body.

We shoot at plates to 300 yards for shit's and giggles. I never hit anything past 200 yards and I have to walk them in like a mortar taking a couple of rounds. Some folks are getting hits at 300.  Teaches trigger control and sight picture  but not else.

It's tough to get hits at 400 yards with an M-4 and open sights if you don't practice.

tombogan03884

True enough, but there is 24 inches difference between what your talking about and what those pinheads are saying.

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Assuming a 230 gr bullet with 0.200 drag coefficient (e.g. a Sierra 45 Tournament Master) and an MV of 1000 fps then the GNU Ballistics Computer gives for 800 yards a drop of 1421 inches (118 ft), velocity 580 fps, flight time 3.26 secs. If the MV were 1200 fps the calculated drop would go down to 98 feet. That would be a power factor of 276, a really hot 45 ACP.

Aiming 118 ft (or 98 feet) over the target with ordinary iron sights would be interesting.

It gets even better, until I see the vid,.. 800yds?...I call BS....

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/06/robert-farago/karl-lippard-nco-800-yard-grouping-confirmed-ish/#more-50039

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
If you had a rear sight tall enough, you could zero your pistol for 400ydr.....but then it would shoot a bit  high at 25 yds.  

At 2 ft you probably would get a hit....unless you were using those sights and trying for a head shot.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk