Author Topic: 357SIG... Any real advantage?  (Read 11265 times)

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 357SIG... Any real advantage?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2011, 09:25:02 PM »
Any practice is better than none but carrying .357sig and practicing with 9mm is like carrying 9mm and practicing with .22lr.

Actually, I do just that....and I find that I get better practice with my trigger control & aiming with the .22lr that translates well over to the full-power 9mm....plus it doesn't take a lot of rounds to "get used to" recoil.....so I'm not seeing a problem here....
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 03:51:13 PM »
Actually, I do just that....and I find that I get better practice with my trigger control & aiming with the .22lr that translates well over to the full-power 9mm....plus it doesn't take a lot of rounds to "get used to" recoil.....so I'm not seeing a problem here....

There probably isn't much of a problem for an experienced shooter since you've already become accustomed to recoil and trigger control and repetition are more important. For newer shooters or those that don't shoot much it could cause some problems, especially if they are recoil sensitive. Also I know you can find a 9mm barrel for 357/40 Glocks but they don't catalog any for Sigs, at least the 239. They specifically say you can't use the 9mm barrel in a 357/40 Sig 239. I also couldn't find an aftermarket barrel, not saying they don't exist, I just couldn't find one on a web search.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

seeker_two

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 09:20:53 PM »
Also I know you can find a 9mm barrel for 357/40 Glocks but they don't catalog any for Sigs, at least the 239. They specifically say you can't use the 9mm barrel in a 357/40 Sig 239. I also couldn't find an aftermarket barrel, not saying they don't exist, I just couldn't find one on a web search.

Not a lot of aftermarket for the 239's, but I think you can get 9mm barrels for the 226 & 229 easily enough....
Why, yes....I'm the right-wing extremist Obama warned you about... ;D

I just wish Texas was as free and independent as everyone thinks it is...   :'(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk