Author Topic: 9x25 dillon.  (Read 18428 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: 9x25 dillon.
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 07:19:56 AM »
I believe TGO used it for a while.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 12:44:30 PM »
Sounds like it's great for targets but not much else, kind of like the .223 FMJ, punches little holes in soft targets.
But hey, .22's aren't worth much for fighting or hunting anything but fairly small game, but we all shoot a lot of them  ;D

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2008, 01:12:17 PM »
Correct.  A 9x25 is a 10mm case necked down to take a 9mm bullet.

If I could find a good surplus magazine for it, it would make one hell of a sub-gun round in an AR platform.

USSA-1
"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

Trevor

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2008, 03:54:27 PM »
Correct.  A 9x25 is a 10mm case necked down to take a 9mm bullet.

If I could find a good surplus magazine for it, it would make one hell of a sub-gun round in an AR platform.

USSA-1

USSA-1 is on the mark, as usual.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1112
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2008, 07:10:44 PM »
USSA-1 is on the mark, as usual.

A little off the mark IMO. H&K made a 10mm MP5 that would need a new barrel and probably no other modifications. If you want a sub-gun round, why not put it in a SMG instead of a rifle?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:43:45 AM »

USSA-1

• Top Forum Member
    • US Shooting Academy
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2008, 07:39:34 AM »
A little off the mark IMO. H&K made a 10mm MP5 that would need a new barrel and probably no other modifications. If you want a sub-gun round, why not put it in a SMG instead of a rifle?

HK stopped producing the 10mm variant several years ago.  There are an extremely few in private hands and good luck trying to find magazines for them.  AFAIK, none were produced with 16" NFA legal barrels which means you'll have to go the SBR route, which is an added hassle.  Depending on your State, that may not even be an option.

While all of this is technically possible, it would seem to be easier to use a pistol caliber AR upper with a mag block instead to going the HK route.  Don't get me wrong, I love the HK 10mm.  It was easily the best sub-gun ever produced.  Plently of power, range, and capacity.  It was a great subgun.  I would wish I could acquire one.

USSA-1
"Occupo Mens"
Win the Fight

Watch The Tactical Rifle Channel

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2008, 09:34:20 AM »

HK stopped producing the 10mm variant several years ago.  There are an extremely few in private hands and good luck trying to find magazines for them.  AFAIK, none were produced with 16" NFA legal barrels which means you'll have to go the SBR route, which is an added hassle.  Depending on your State, that may not even be an option.

While all of this is technically possible, it would seem to be easier to use a pistol caliber AR upper with a mag block instead to going the HK route.  Don't get me wrong, I love the HK 10mm.  It was easily the best sub-gun ever produced.  Plently of power, range, and capacity.  It was a great subgun.  I would wish I could acquire one.

USSA-1

How much difference in the MP-5 9mm and 10mm?  Could you "role your own"?  Curt Higgins at S&H Arms (just a few miles from USSA) might be able to build one from the 9MM...he specializes in H&K mods and Class III.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2008, 09:34:01 PM »
Well, if it's not a SMG, I prefer a carbine designed for pistol size cartridges to use pistol length cartridges. I like rifle length cartridges in AR-15s. The way I figure it, if it's a rifle it should use rifle ammo, not pistol ammo, unless it's something like a Winchester '92. JMHO. I like rounds that fill the length of box magazines and mags that fill the mag well. Maximum efficiency.

Mech-tech CCUs are already made in 10mm so all you would need is a new barrel and you slap on your 1911 or Glock frame.

You could also ask Tim LeGendre to make one of his Mag-1 carbines in 9x25 Dillon instead of .45 Win Mag, etc. It would be close to the same power but have more penetration due to the skinny bullet.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 09:39:46 PM »
now that would be intresting... having a M1 in 9x25 dillon, but that would cost $$$$... a mp5 in it would be easy... but its going to cost alot more.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 09:54:38 PM »
The CCU with 16+ rounds on tap would be way cool too. 170mm mags hold 22 rounds.  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk