Author Topic: NRA Action Pistol - Bianchi Cup  (Read 2599 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 458
NRA Action Pistol - Bianchi Cup
« on: November 04, 2009, 08:06:28 PM »
Okay, I says, maybe I'd like to try that.

If you've ever wanted to raise your blood pressure, just try to find something on the NRA web site.  Yes, I found the "rules".   Rather daunting with all their courses of fire.   (the Cindy Crawford, the Mano-e-mano, the Pyro, the Los Alamo....just kidding)
But that's about it.   There are no matches, not even the next Bianchi cup is scheduled, much less any local matches anywhere.  To find out anything you have to "write" the AP coordinator......

So I guess, two questions,

Any NRA AP matches in the SouthEast that anyone know of?

Why is the NRA web site so poor?   Seems like everything centers around conventional pistol, all else is paid lip service.  Oh except of course the omni-present "distinghished" shooter qualifications.  No matter how poorly they cover a program, the "distinguished" qualifications are always laid out very clearly.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
Re: NRA Action Pistol - Bianchi Cup
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 10:34:42 PM »
I get tired of looking for stuff on the NRA site......definitely could be better and simpler.

As for the area matches, don't know that either.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 11:32:15 AM »
Even have to hunt to find Cam and Company. What a PITA.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 08:56:41 PM »
Okay, so I dug around some more, and finally realized that they (NRA) is still a hard-copy print organization.

Seems like rather than just post match schedules to the web site you have to read one of their sister pubs, Shooting Stars or something or 'nother......wait....wait.....that's "Shooting Sports".   AT LEAST though, you can read it on-line.  (How much simpler just to update schedules as they come in rather than first make a print pub, then digitize once a month???  Huh?)

Well sorry for you left coasters.  NRA AP doesn't exist out there.    Louisiana, Missouri, NC and Virginia are the only matches for the next two months.   (If I only knew what ORF and PRO where?)   And of course, these are not "real" Action Pistol matches, these are just "other".  Evidently there aren't any "real" ones.

Will work for ammo

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 07:15:47 AM »
Doesn't pertain to Bianchi Cup, but it does go to the question -

Two issues with the NRA web site as I see it:

1.  They have a lot of information in a lot of areas causing it to be a very large site that needs simple indexes which are complicated by ...

2.  NRA has a lot of lawyers or others with legal training on staff, and we all know that a lawyer believes nothing should be simple  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:04:35 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 12:38:51 PM »
You'd almost think their site was run by the gubmint.........  :o
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 07:49:10 PM »
Stand aside plebeians:   I slept in a red roofed inn once.

I think the real issue is that the powers at NRA, assumed you pay for a web site and that's that.  They have a "print" mentality.   I don't think they took into account that a web site is a living breathing entity that needs feeding everyday.   To which I suspect they allocated way too little funds to meet the demands of their programs.....read that as in daily updating.

Now they're stuck with a web site that still advertises a match (Bianchi 2009) 6 months after the match.   I thought for fun I'd do an on-line entry for the 2009 match. 

Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk