Author Topic: Slide Glide test  (Read 19580 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Slide Glide test
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 09:37:28 AM »
I forgot to add one caveat - pay attention to the viscosity and temp. If you use the Slide Glide Heavy on a tight gun in cold weather, it WILL slow the gun down enough to misfeed. That said, I've use the standard viscosity on my tight limited gun in temps ranging from high 20s through 105 or so with no problems. The light viscosity ran my gun in the high teens (just testing - I don't ordinarily shoot when its that cold). YMMV 

Yes, When it gets below 20 even the shooting range sucks  ;D

Tyler Durden

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 11:17:52 AM »
At first glance, that Slide Glide stuff looks suspiciously a lot like Lucas Oil's Red N Tacky grease:

Red N Tacky

Just sayin'....

JdePietro

• M14 Patterned Protagonist
  • Top Forum Member
  • "Neither Spare nor Dispose"
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 10:50:47 AM »
It kinda looks like a lot of greases but I couldn't tell you how they came up with the formula or what comparison can be made. I do know this stuff works great, I love using it.

Take what everyone has to say with a grain of salt but don't be afraid to try it and prove anyone wrong.
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-Henry David Thoreau

True_Texan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:05 AM »
At first glance, that Slide Glide stuff looks suspiciously a lot like Lucas Oil's....

Well they do specifically make gun oil: Lucas Gun Oil

I have a bottle and do use it regularly (along with a cabinet full of other gun cleaning junk.) Stuff works well, but the only extreme my guns see are extremely freaking hot weather.

....I have been an advocate of Brian Eno's Slide Glide since I first got a sample some months ago.....

Would like try the Slide Glide stuff out. Do they actually offer a sample of it to try?
"Before giving someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

JdePietro

• M14 Patterned Protagonist
  • Top Forum Member
  • "Neither Spare nor Dispose"
    • Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 03:58:06 PM »
Would like try the Slide Glide stuff out. Do they actually offer a sample of it to try?

I have seen it at a few USPA matches and Trigun challenges. I know the tubes are right around $7 or so and shipping isn't more than a few bucks. I don't think you will regrete the purchase.
How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.
-Henry David Thoreau

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:02:23 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk