Author Topic: Something a little different.  (Read 4720 times)

denster

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Something a little different.
« on: November 19, 2011, 11:49:48 PM »
This is an example of a style of holster I've been having some luck with. It's designed for wear between the belt and waistband for guys, like me, who have expanded a bit with age and don't find inside the waistband comfortable anymore.
It's constructed of two layers of 7oz Hermann Oak on the front with a single layer to the back. Obviously this makes it self lined also as the grain side faces the interior. The one shown is for the Kahr P or CW 9&40.
I've had several people buy these for a driving holster since with the neutral can't it can be worn over at 10:30 ore between 2:00 and 4:00.

Dalton Masterson

• Freeda Bee Mee's driver and ammo loader
  • Very Active Forum Member
    • Dalton Masterson's site
  • Liked:
Re: Something a little different.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 12:02:24 AM »
Very interesting design, Denster.
Way to think out of the box.
DM
Proprietor of Plum Creek Leather Works - Old West Gunleather
http://www.freewebs.com/daltonmasterson/plumcreekleatherworks.htm
Friend of www.runniron.com
SASS #51139L
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS

denster

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 12:07:22 AM »
DM

Thank you. I'd like to say it is an original concept but several makers make between the belt and waistband holsters. This is just my iteration of the concept.

outrider

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 07:24:36 AM »
Nice work Denster....I think there are several ways to use the basic design and modify it to fit different configurations.
Proprietor:  Outrider Gun Leather
Outrider (Formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA)
SASS #2353
BOLD 895
Custom Leathersmith

rayban

• Forum Member
    • RG Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 07:57:25 AM »
Very nice work....
I recently had a request to stitch in a Velcro liner (loop) on a belt. The customer has holster and mag pouch with the Velcro hook attached to the outside front, and will carry between the belt. His rationale is that he would rather wear a bigger belt than to have to buy larger pant size.....I don't see that it conceals any better than a regular OWB rig......but oh well....
Rayban

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:07:12 PM »

kid terico

• Kid Terico
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2011, 08:47:10 AM »
Denster very nice work and design. Like you said us older people. I ,ve had lots of surgeries and have to wear all mine out side the belt with patting on the side I carry. Way to much scar tissue and hurts like heck. KT

denster

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2011, 08:48:34 AM »
Very nice work....
I recently had a request to stitch in a Velcro liner (loop) on a belt. The customer has holster and mag pouch with the Velcro hook attached to the outside front, and will carry between the belt. His rationale is that he would rather wear a bigger belt than to have to buy larger pant size.....I don't see that it conceals any better than a regular OWB rig......but oh well....

As far as concealability. Without a cover garment you are right  but with a cover garment you are only one pants thickness from being as close to the body as IWB. As to belt size it's no larger than you would need for an IWB design and you don't have to buy your pants one size larger. It's also a pretty secure holster to carry in as far as retention.
The velcro idea is on I had not thought of but it makes sense.

Haystacker

• Forum Member
    • Hays Holsters
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2011, 10:23:09 AM »
I think it is great. I like out of the box thinking too. I mailed an IWB holster to a customer and he wears it between the belt and pants. I really like the looks of your holster.
NRA Life Member
www.haysholsters.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk