Author Topic: Russia's Staggering Losses In Ukraine  (Read 2935 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
Re: Russia's Staggering Losses In Ukraine
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:52 AM »
To the best of my knowledge these pictures of a Russian tank turret have not been doctored.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2023, 09:07:36 AM »
Franks, it is a Soviet-era tank, which the Ukraine also use, but whose tank was it?

One of the things I keep saying to my poor wife amidst all of the discussion about Abrams and Leopard tanks being sent to the Ukraine is that the Russians have anti-tank missiles too (and drones), and the Ukraines are not experts in infantry-tank integration, which is the only way to keep tanks alive on the modern battlefield.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2023, 05:20:12 PM »
Path, 

I fully believe this is what is behind our reluctance to send the Abrams to Ukraine. The amount of training required to learn how to operate and maintain these tanks is cumbersome. Add to this the logistics required to maintain not only the mechanical side of the machine, but all of the technology.

I recall when the issue first became public our military was talking about the length of time Ukrainian solders needed to be on our training base to learn, and Ukraine coming back with they couldn't spare them for even half that time.  This was without even touching on the maintenance side.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2023, 08:00:36 PM »
I believe the Ukrainians and russians are stuck in soviet era tank tactics, which was over run your opponent with massive numbers of tanks and men and to hell with maintenance/logistics.Why train someone who has such a short battle life when they can just throw more bodies at the enemy.Just a thought.
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 06:27:00 AM »
Franks, it is a Soviet-era tank, which the Ukraine also use, but whose tank was it?

One of the things I keep saying to my poor wife amidst all of the discussion about Abrams and Leopard tanks being sent to the Ukraine is that the Russians have anti-tank missiles too (and drones), and the Ukraines are not experts in infantry-tank integration, which is the only way to keep tanks alive on the modern battlefield.

That was a Russian tank according to the article. After the Soviet Union broke up Ukraine kept it's tank factories running. When they couldn't get cast turrets from Russia, they built better, welded turrets themselves. Or was it hulls? Anyway, they've been upgrading their tanks, while Russian tanks that started out as the same model are still the same ol' same ol'. Even when they couldn't afford to keep the factories running, the Ukrainians still did, then they started selling their tanks overseas. They were selling them to countries that Russia wanted to sell tanks to.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:45:14 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2023, 06:11:47 PM »
The Ukrainians are getting what they want because of past payments to the Biden family.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 05:49:09 AM »
The Ukrainians are getting what they want because of past payments to the Biden family.

How many remember that up until the day that Putin lined troops up along the Ukrainian border that Ukraine was "a bad guy" in our world?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2023, 11:18:07 PM »
How many remember that up until the day that Putin lined troops up along the Ukrainian border that Ukraine was "a bad guy" in our world?

Former bad guys as part of the Soviet Union. And still bad guys in the eyes of Poland. They haven't forgotten about the massacres of Poles in Volhynia and Eastern Galicia committed by the Ukrainian Insurgent Army from 1943 to 1945. Things haven't been going so well between the two since 2015, after 10 years of support for Ukrainian sovereignty became an important component of Polish foreign policy. I think the Ukrainians are saying the massacres never happened and it's putting a strain on international relations. Maybe the situation with Ukraine and the west is more of an "enemy of my enemy" thing, but they're trying to get into NATO, so I don't know what their real goal is.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2023, 10:05:36 PM »
MG42/MG3's on Laffete 34 tripods being deployed in Ukraine again against the Ruskies. Video - legit BRRRT full ~1200rpm RPM glory.

https://t.me/usinfantryman1/14431 

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2023, 10:07:21 PM »
Video from 🇺🇦#Ukrainian soldiers of the 47th Mechanized Brigade «Magura» inside of the 🇺🇸#American IFV M2A2 «Bradley», which is destroying 🇷🇺#Russian targets at #Zaporizhzhia frontline at night.

https://twitter.com/GloOouD/status/1670422993829257216

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk