Author Topic: Gun rights?  (Read 8051 times)

dgray64

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gun rights?
« on: June 16, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
I was talking to my neighbor yesterday who is also a veteran dedicated to keeping as many rights as possible.  Yesterday, though, he told me that he figures that once the government puts out the directive that all "law abiding citizens" need to turn in their guns to make America safer; that a whole lot of people will do just that believing that government can keep them safe and "surely, a gunless community MUST be a safer one.

I couldn't fault his logic.  Shoot, the government has already founded their detention centers and has the National Guard training with the Dep of Homeland Security.  The military people have said that they won't fire on citizens, but police will and if they are given a direct order, will they fire on civilians? 

What are your thoughts?  My guns have all been stolen, of course.

Dave         :o ;D

tombogan03884

Re: Gun rights?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »
I agree with your neighbor.
The majority of any population are nothing but sheep who will go through amazing acts of self deception in order to believe Govt has their best interests at heart.
 There are records that show that thousands of Blacks volunteered for the Confederate Army during the Civil war.
Nazi Germany provides the example of the Jews quietly boarding the cattle cars, even in the camps, the "Leaders" of the Jewish community claimed resistance would only make things worse.
What could possibly be worse than assembly line murder ?
The aftermath of Hurricane Katrina shows what we can expect from "Law Enforcement", but I would not put much faith in "Oathkeepers" in the military either for 3 reasons.
First, they do not make up that large a percentage of the total force.
Second, in a total chaos situation enlisted troops will stay with their friends that they trust where the food and other supplies are most dependable, they will not opt to take their chances with starving strangers.
And last, the only "Oathkeepers" who truly matter will be those in leadership positions, capable of influencing groups of impressionable young soldiers. For reasons of career, stability, and others already listed, regardless of what they say now, many will opt for following orders.
If those orders include firing on civilians so be it, they may not like it, but they will do it.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
Two words..

Kent State!

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 02:46:19 PM »
Two words..

Kent State!

When the American Indian Movement activists were besieged at Wounded Knee in 1973 the Govt deployed portions of the 101st against them. They were put in blue cover all's and called "deputies", but they were Army.
It has also been proven that Army and NG assets were used in the massacre of the Branch Davidians in Waco.
Look to history, The Nazi and Japanese troops who committed atrocities during WWII ( and I am NOT talking about elite forces like the SS )  were not some kind of monsters. they were ordinary Germans put into extraordinary situations.
Bormann, Eichmann, Himmler, the others who gave the orders, despite the propaganda, were not bad people, they were in fact frighteningly ordinary people who were actually pretty good at their jobs, faced with situations that were out of the ordinary.
The extermination of the Jews did not begin as some diabolical plot by ogre's who ate babies for breakfast.
It began with messages to Camp's, "You are getting 20,000 prisoners on Thursday." "But I don't have room."
"That is not relevant, the trains are already on the way."
( There was a book about this, "The Banality of Evil", I don't remember the author. )
The greatest brutalities of the Bataan Death march did not occur because the Japanese were little Yellow demons, they happened because the Japanese had never planned on taking such large numbers of prisoners, they therefore had no facilities or supplies to deal with them.
There is absolutely no reason to expect Americans to perform any differently, and plenty of reasons such as My Lia, or New Orleans to assume they will act exactly the same way.
When it does not involve mass murder it is considered a good thing for people to "get it done" despite difficulties, or when proper tools are not available.
It's the dark side of  a "Can Do" attitude.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »
So much for using they were stolen after posting that Dave.  Better have police reports.  Homeland Security and other "ABC" Agencies regularly mine this board.  You just exposed yourself....like I'm fixing to do.

I'm going to sell mine to people I don't like before it all goes down and then turn them in after the deadline to turn in weapons to the government.  "Conservative" Democrats who support their party beware...let's see where wink, wink, nudge, nudge, I'm one of ya'll get's them in a government gun grab involving military troops who have been getting shot at.

By the time the troops wise up to the fact that the cattle round up was also occurring in their own neighborhoods and towns there will be a war somewhere to divert them from turning on their masters.

Are ya'll paying attention here?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:38:56 PM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 05:19:57 PM »
So much for using they were stolen after posting that Dave.  Better have police reports.  Homeland Security and other "ABC" Agencies regularly mine this board.  You just exposed yourself....like I'm fixing to do.

I'm going to sell mine to people I don't like before it all goes down and then turn them in after the deadline to turn in weapons to the government.  "Conservative" Democrats who support their party beware...let's see where wink, wink, nudge, nudge, I'm one of ya'll get's them in a government gun grab involving military troops who have been getting shot at.

By the time the troops wise up to the fact that the cattle round up was also occurring in their own neighborhoods and towns there will be a war somewhere to divert them from turning on their masters.

Are ya'll paying attention here?

No, "Idol" is coming on.
They can "mine" all they want. In NH there are no restrictions on private sale.
With all the guns I've bought, sold or traded over the years there are some I not only don't recall who I sold them to, I may not even remember owning them.

Timothy

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 05:30:28 PM »
Actually Tom, it's the off season for TV "reality" shows!  My little "ewe", aka..my lovely wife, is going through withdrawal!

tombogan03884

Timothy

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 06:30:16 PM »
Yes, I know what you mean!  Even the so called conservative side of the nation is replete with folks who're just concerned about next week, next month or next year.  They're oblivious to the obvious subversion of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Short sighted sheep with no real knowledge of history unless it's about some fat ass Kardashian porking some talentless rapper!

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2012, 11:00:09 AM »
I think that sometimes even the most ardent supporters of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment, etc simply suffer from shear exhaustion.  I know I have before.  Sometimes you just get tired of worrying about the hundred things that will bring America to Her knees, you get tired of listening to podcasts predicting cataclysmic doom, you get tired of reading the blogs and news reports that show how screwed up things have become.  You write your letters, make your phone calls, keep up with the research, send your donations, disseminate the latest alert to all your friends, and on and on.  Then one day you realize... "I've gotta take a break from all of this."  You start to feel that one more podcast, one more doomsday scenario, one more 'call to action' will send you screaming into the hills.

So you rest a while... read a novel that has a good ending, ignore the blogs and forums for a few days, let the mail from the "organizations and associations" pile up unopened, talk about the good things that are happening in our Nation and the world, and let yourself rekindle the belief that America will regain Her strength and vitality.  Your spirit for the fight, that ember that glows dimly at times but is never completely extinguished, begins to grow brighter and brighter.  Before long the flames return and you feel renewed, you feel well again.

So you start to write the letters, make the phone calls, read the mail, catch up on the news you've missed... you rejoin the fight.  Your love for God, family, and country push you forward - and you fell well again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk