Author Topic: Gun rights?  (Read 8052 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Gun rights?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2012, 11:21:30 AM »
I think that sometimes even the most ardent supporters of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, the Second Amendment, etc simply suffer from shear exhaustion.  I know I have before.  Sometimes you just get tired of worrying about the hundred things that will bring America to Her knees, you get tired of listening to podcasts predicting cataclysmic doom, you get tired of reading the blogs and news reports that show how screwed up things have become.  You write your letters, make your phone calls, keep up with the research, send your donations, disseminate the latest alert to all your friends, and on and on.  Then one day you realize... "I've gotta take a break from all of this."  You start to feel that one more podcast, one more doomsday scenario, one more 'call to action' will send you screaming into the hills.

So you rest a while... read a novel that has a good ending, ignore the blogs and forums for a few days, let the mail from the "organizations and associations" pile up unopened, talk about the good things that are happening in our Nation and the world, and let yourself rekindle the belief that America will regain Her strength and vitality.  Your spirit for the fight, that ember that glows dimly at times but is never completely extinguished, begins to grow brighter and brighter.  Before long the flames return and you feel renewed, you feel well again.

So you start to write the letters, make the phone calls, read the mail, catch up on the news you've missed... you rejoin the fight.  Your love for God, family, and country push you forward - and you fell well again.

Personally I'm considering a bottle of Valium and a copy of "My Friend Flicker".   :-\

Timothy

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2012, 12:15:55 PM »
I believe that's "Flicka" Tom...

:P

tombogan03884

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2012, 12:56:31 PM »
I believe that's "Flicka" Tom...

:P

After a bottle of Valium who cares ?    ;D

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2012, 02:10:06 PM »
Interesting thread, especially when you look at the comments on last week's rant about the urban Colorado police department "arresting" everyone in the proximity of a bank robbery. And yes, once the handcuffs go on it's an arrest, not a detention. Hannah Arendt talked about "the banality of evil" in the context that normal everyday people could commit, or be complicit in, acts of great evil when they accepted the premises of their state or their state's ideology. When I studied Arendt it was in the context that the Holocaust was only possible with the complicity on some level of a majority of the German people.

Most people want to believe that "the authorities" are in the right. As in Colorado situation, where people emailed me to say, WTF, they caught the guy so everything is hunky-dory, right? Except that to catch the guy, they spat on the Constitution. Which is more important, catching a bank robber or maintaining and honoring the most important political document ever drafted?So when our President decides that, despite his Oath of Office, despite the actions of a duly elected Congress, he can pick and choose what laws to enforce, that's okay, too, because, you know, it's fair.

I said in my podcast last week that the moment our rights, our uniquely American rights, are no longer enshrined in our hearts, we are lost. In my podcast, I mentioned the great 1955 film "Night & Fog" and its powerful closing lines. N&F has been called among the greatest feats of movie-making ever, and every child in America should learn those lines. I suspect fewer than one in a million know them, or, at this point, understand their implications. So, hey, here they are...believe them...they have haunted me since I saw this film in 1968...now more than ever...

[The camera pans across Auschwitz as it is today]

"As I speak to you now,
The icy water of the ponds and ruins lies in the
Hollows of the charnel-house.
A water as sluggish as our own bad memories.

War nods, but has one eye open.
Faithful as ever,
The grass flourishes on the muster-ground round the blocks.
An abandoned village, still heavy with the threats.

The furnace is no longer in use,
The skill of the Nazis is child's play today.
Nine million dead haunt this landscape.
Who is on the look-out from this strange watch-tower
To warn us of our new executioners' arrival?

Are their faces really different from ours?

Somewhere in our midst lucky Kapos survive.
Reinstated officers and anonymous informers.

There are those reluctant to believe
Or believing from time to time.

There are those who look at these ruins today
As though the monster were dead and buried beneath them.

Those who take hope again as the image fades
As though there were a cure for the scourge of these camps.

Those who pretend all this happened only once,
At a certain time and in a certain place.

Those who refuse to look around them,
Deaf to the endless cry."

Michael B

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2012, 02:37:32 PM »
What guns?  I didn't see any guns.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 12:51:41 AM »

robheath

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2012, 09:15:33 PM »
I think the sheeple will do what they are told.  I also think my grandkids will know that there Paw Paw was killed in the great rebelion.
Give me liberty or I'll get my guns and get it myself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk