Author Topic: #315 Yes I'm raising my hand for not being a motorcycle guy  (Read 12068 times)

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: #315 Yes I'm raising my hand for not being a motorcycle guy
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2013, 05:51:03 AM »
You know, we decided to do mountain/road biking self-defense issues for the next season of THE BEST DEFENSE because we get so many requests. I carry with a SafePacker velcro'ed on the handlebars of both my road and mountain bike, set up for right-hand draw. The advantage of the SafePacker system is that it's easy to pop if off the handlebars and carry it with you when you get off the bike. SafePackers come in multiple sizes (and an assortment of colors) so you can fit them to your everyday carry gun.

Worst case, I've carried a Kel-Tec .32 slipped into the left leg of my biking shorts. Two years ago I was doing one of the 3-peak Clorado road rides and was just getting ready to start the last climb, from Vail to Copper Mountain when one of the bystanders said, "Hey aren't you Michael Bane?" Amazing, since after 70 or so miles I looked like old hammered crap. I said yeppers and he immediately said, "I thought you always carried a gun?" I pointed at the lump in the left leg of my bike shorts, and he said, "well, I'll be damned!"

The gun gets sweaty, but hey, it's plastic!

Michael B

Cool.  Shoot, if you were going to do a training episode, No Dak isn't that far from Colorado.  Guess I'm saying could use the training
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2013, 05:42:07 PM »
Will you be going over other things that some one on a bike should carry that might be useful for sd.   not every one can carry a gun or wants too.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2013, 05:52:04 PM »
TAB, yes we will...one of the things we're trying to do this season with TBD is address "less permissive" environments, a.k.a., the Slave States, like the one in which I current reside.

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Jrlobo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2013, 07:07:03 PM »
C'mon MB...Maryland a slave state? Since when have we improved? Today we are a slave state, but come Oct 1 we will be a full-blown police state. That means all of us will be slaves and the only slave owners will be the state government and its lackeys. I'm reading up on the underground railroad, because that is how we will move around armed.
Lobo

"Often in error, never in doubt!"

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2013, 07:10:38 PM »
Federal parks do not allow carry.  Its not just the evil states that restrict stuff.   
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:38:54 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 10:30:44 PM »
Federal parks do not allow carry.  Its not just the evil states that restrict stuff.   

Wrong TAB!

Since 2010 carry in National Parks has been tied to the local State legislation.  Federal allows it carry of legal firearms by legal citizens within the restraint of the state where the park is located.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »
Wrong TAB!

Since 2010 carry in National Parks has been tied to the local State legislation.  Federal allows it carry of legal firearms by legal citizens within the restraint of the state where the park is located.

Thanks M58.

I was going to post something but the Kid just don't get it or he doesn't pay attention.

I stood on the apex of the Old North Bridge with a 1911 on my hip last April and again with my snubby in my pocket this past May.  Can you imagine the hypocrisy of all those gun free years on that hallowed ground? 

The very foundation of the Bill of Rights!

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »
Thanks M58.

I was going to post something but the Kid just don't get it or he doesn't pay attention.

I stood on the apex of the Old North Bridge with a 1911 on my hip last April and again with my snubby in my pocket this past May.  Can you imagine the hypocrisy of all those gun free years on that hallowed ground?  

The very foundation of the Bill of Rights!

Now, that brings up an image...a poster maybe.

American Colonial Fighters tending their dead and wounded at that bridge, looking with sadness and horror at the restrictions of firearms at that place.  

Caption might read.  "We fought and died here for the Right of The People to keep and bear arms.   What have you done?  How was it lost.  Do not let our lives have been given in vain."
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk