Author Topic: Radio #63  (Read 2952 times)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Radio #63
« on: June 11, 2008, 01:22:15 PM »
Mike, I got this off the NSSF site. NSSF seems to push hunting over shooting. I eagerly await the survey and to see if NSSF modifies it's position. Emphase mine.

Hunting
Surveys show nearly 80 percent of Americans support hunting, although less than 10 percent actually participate. These 18.5 million hunters contribute more than $30 billion annually to the U.S. economy and support more than 986,000 jobs. They are the primary financiers (more than $1.5 billion per year) of conservation programs that benefit all Americans who appreciate wildlife and wild places. As the trade association for the firearms, hunting and recreational shooting industry, the National Shooting Sports Foundation supports programs designed to ensure the future of hunting.

Shooting
More than 19 million Americans safely participate in target shooting. Their numbers break out into subsets of people who enjoy shooting handguns, shotguns and rifles. Add special-interest shooters such as muzzleloader enthusiasts, and the total number of active shooters jumps even higher! Target shooting varies from leisurely hobbies to competitive local leagues and from collegiate athletics to the world stage of the Olympic games. As the trade association for the firearms, hunting and recreational shooting industry, the National Shooting Sports Foundation develops programs designed to ensure the future of shooting.

Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
Re: Radio #63
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 10:36:34 PM »
A lot of crying is gonna happen when the some people find out they aren't driving the boat any more.  I hunt and shoot, but I purchase far more ammo to shoot with than to support hunting.  I also buy more guns for shooting. 

I don't know that we have time to "all come together" and "Kumbaya" to let "displaced Zumboites" down gently.  They need to forget their dodge that it will only be EBR's that are lost and their "hunting rifles" are going to scate by exempt (Why?  Because they are bolts?  Because their ammo has not been labeled "cop killer penetrator" whilst perforating a vest quite handily?). 

The "Cold War" on guns is about to "Go Hot".   If gun owners don't quit parroting Jim Zumbo (What do you need that for?) and refuse to wake up to the abolitionist danger we'll all lose.

If you think electing McCain is going allow us to relax and continue down our comfortable, separate paths...get over that fantasy.  We stand as brothers against the rising tide or we will all be swept away.

Yes, join the NRA.  Join it yesterday!

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk