Author Topic: Lookin' forward to Michael talking about DIY guns!  (Read 4260 times)

Dirty Bob

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 55
Lookin' forward to Michael talking about DIY guns!
« on: March 05, 2021, 11:16:32 PM »
I believe our friend Michael will be discussing DIY guns in his podcast, soon. It's a rich topic!

Idiot congresscritters and Lefty journalists know about 80% receivers and 3D printing, but folks have been making guns for a lot longer than those technologies have been around. Even these new technologies are being updated and changed, with innovations like electrochemical machining to make the rifling for a homemade barrel. It's cheap, quiet and can be done in an apartment bathroom (if you don't have a wife or girlfriend).

Heck, people are even making their own black powder and percussion caps! (https://survivalblog.com/2019/10/08/black-powder-self-reliance-part-1-m-b/) This technology has been around for a long time.

Homemade black powder fired in a cap-and-ball revolver.

PA Luty built 9mm submachine guns out of hardware store materials, with nothing from a firearm, IIRC. He even made his own mags! You can find some of Luty's stuff at https://thehomegunsmith.com/

I found the book: The ULTIMATE Homemade AK-47 Pistol: Building an AK-47 Pistol in 24 Hours Without a Machine Shop, several years ago in PDF format. My efforts to track down a copy for sale were unsuccessful. I had wanted to buy it so the author would get some $$.

The author's concept is to make a pistol caliber "AKM" from sheet metal, with an AK fire control group, and a magwell that reminds me of the PPS-43 SMG from WWII. The top edges of the receiver are bent inwards to form rails, and the bolt is made from stacked bar stock.

Image from the book of an "AKM" pistol in 7.62x25mm Tokarev

I recently built my own stainless steel receiver that uses an AR fire control group and safety. It started out as a rack to hold mops, and I found the discarded piece of 16 gauge stainless outside an office building. I'm planning to finish it with a .32 ACP pistol barrel I bought, using .32 magazines to feed it. I plan to use an AK pistol grip, 1911 firing pin, and make my own magwell,  trunnions, bolt and receiver cover. My design is in its third iteration, and I'm figuring out the details. I’m a big fan of the Czech vz.61 Skorpion.

Why do I want to build a .32 ACP "pistol" that's a lot heavier than a Beretta Tomcat and won't fit a pocket like a Kel-Tec P-32? Because I want to, and it's my God-given right. Besides, this stuff is fun!

I hope ya'll will at least download some gun plans and maybe the grab the files for some 3D printed guns, before "Zhao Bai Den" and Kamala try to censor them. We need to spread the knowledge of gunmaking technology far and wide.

Can't stop the signal!

Dirty Bob
-------------
Maker, tinkerer, general nerd

"Can't stop the signal, Mal." - Serenity (2005)

tombogan03884

Re: Lookin' forward to Michael talking about DIY guns!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 08:51:50 AM »
Those dumb asses think meat comes from stores, and guns come from factories.
They never got it through their thick heads that the factories, like Colt, got their ideas from some shmuck in his home workshop, like Stoner.
The only differences are production numbers and interchangeability of parts, other wise any reasonably skilled person will have all the guns they want.
Probably a lot scarier to the libs than the stuff we are settling for now.
How ever, this begs the question of why the people WITH guns are being oppressed by the people with out guns ?
The problem is not the politicians, or their laws.
The real problem is the gutless Fudd pussies who obey them.
Those bitches don't deserve rights.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 579
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 04:57:41 PM »
<snip>
How ever, this begs the question of why the people WITH guns are being oppressed by the people with out guns ?
<snip>

Fear of losing stuff.  Hoping they will be overlooked.  It's not going to happen...only one of the multiple millions will be the last. 

If SHTF for real I doubt guns are going to be their worst problem (except for an occasional sniper).  The news media will blow up a "gun problem" to cover more serious problems.  Their real problems will be protecting the infrastructure so the voting sheep in the cities can have cell phones, electricity, water, a sewage system and food.  Once the sheep get hungry, cold or hot there will be a change.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 06:04:20 PM »
Fear of losing stuff.  Hoping they will be overlooked.  It's not going to happen...only one of the multiple millions will be the last.

Because they are gutless blowhards.
All talk.
They deserve Biden.
And if obedience even crossed your mind you are part of the problem.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 09:36:04 PM »
<snip>
<snip>

Because the people coming to get the guns are scary.

The guy below is assigned to get yours.....

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:43:37 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 07:58:47 AM »
Because the people coming to get the guns are scary.

The guy below is assigned to get yours.....

Bring cash.     ;D
Come in the day time, I'd shoot that if it came out of the dark.    ;D

Dirty Bob

• Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 09:13:07 PM »
They do have guns: they just have other people operating the guns for them.

One of my sisters-in-law is an example. She and her family live in an exclusive, gated community, with armed security at the gate and on patrol.

She fears and hates guns, and anyone who has guns or has used guns. So she hates the police, military vets, and me. But she feels safe! I don’t bother to tell her that hirelings tend to desert their employers in times of trouble, to protect their own families. I also don’t mention that in my only visit to her home, I immediately figured out how I could go through the golf course that’s part of their community and get into the neighborhood without going through the big, impressive gate.

By the way, she loves Hillary Clinton, and hates Trump and Republicans with the white-hot fire of a thousand suns. Her hate list is quite long and also includes Southerners, “rednecks,” Jews and Israel. She viciously patronizes and belittles anyone who doesn’t have her level of education and credentials. She’s a lot of fun at family gatherings!

Marc “Animal” MacYoung has written about the many people who “fight” and “win” with words on a regular basis. They often fail to understand and recognize real threats and dangers that are obvious to people like us — who at some point saw that a situation was such that we’d have to “swallow our pride or swallow blood.”

I’ve watched highly educated professionals push an argument with someone who was obviously — fists clenched, leaning forward, jaw tight, face turning red, total focus on the person screaming at them, etc. — about to take a swing at them. Only ignorant or foolish people try to poke a lion with a stick.

Right now, all around me, I see and hear Leftists poking a lion with a stick.
-------------

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2021, 10:10:10 PM »
They do have guns: they just have other people operating the guns for them.

One of my sisters-in-law is an example. She and her family live in an exclusive, gated community, with armed security at the gate and on patrol.

She fears and hates guns, and anyone who has guns or has used guns. So she hates the police, military vets, and me. But she feels safe! I don’t bother to tell her that hirelings tend to desert their employers in times of trouble, to protect their own families. I also don’t mention that in my only visit to her home, I immediately figured out how I could go through the golf course that’s part of their community and get into the neighborhood without going through the big, impressive gate.

By the way, she loves Hillary Clinton, and hates Trump and Republicans with the white-hot fire of a thousand suns. Her hate list is quite long and also includes Southerners, “rednecks,” Jews and Israel. She viciously patronizes and belittles anyone who doesn’t have her level of education and credentials. She’s a lot of fun at family gatherings!

Marc “Animal” MacYoung has written about the many people who “fight” and “win” with words on a regular basis. They often fail to understand and recognize real threats and dangers that are obvious to people like us — who at some point saw that a situation was such that we’d have to “swallow our pride or swallow blood.”

I’ve watched highly educated professionals push an argument with someone who was obviously — fists clenched, leaning forward, jaw tight, face turning red, total focus on the person screaming at them, etc. — about to take a swing at them. Only ignorant or foolish people try to poke a lion with a stick.

Right now, all around me, I see and hear Leftists poking a lion with a stick.

They fail to recognize that not every one gets a Dacha in Sochi, or Mansion's on the lake.
They don't understand that there were a whole lot more crowded "Workers housing" in Moscow.
They also never learned "The revolution eats it's own".   ;D

Any actin on gun control would be poking the bear.
If they leave guns alone the sheep will stay quiet while the libs purge their own .
Actually trying to enforce something would leave the wimpiest of Fudds no choice.
If I were the dems I would roll back all gun laws to pre NFA.
Maybe regulate machine guns and any smokeless cartridges Over 20mm to save face.
Tell their base it's that damned NRA and don't tell us anything, we'll be to busy playing with our new toys to give a crap what those a holes are doing.

Dirty Bob

• Usual Suspect
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2021, 09:28:49 AM »
If I were the dems I would roll back all gun laws to pre NFA.
Maybe regulate machine guns and any smokeless cartridges Over 20mm to save face.
Tell their base it's that damned NRA and don't tell us anything, we'll be to busy playing with our new toys to give a crap what those a holes are doing.

Tom Bogan 2024
“Roll back the NFA”
-------------

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2021, 02:36:33 PM »
Tom Bogan 2024
“Roll back the NFA”

TB (Total Badass) 2024

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk