Author Topic: 06/13/2007 Podcast  (Read 31244 times)

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
06/13/2007 Podcast
« on: June 13, 2007, 04:49:09 PM »
Enjoyed this one, Mr. Bane. Your humor was shinning today.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
Re: 06/13/2007 Podcast
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 06:36:51 PM »
Mr. Bane all I have to say about this weeks podcast is...."KRRAAPP!!". Now dont get me wrong it was awsome....but thats also the problem man. Now i have to wait a week to awnser alot of the questions and find out the S E R I O U S -Need-to-Know information! A whole week. AHHHHHHHAAAAGGGGHH!!!!  >:(
I feel like a kid on his birthday week. You know something good is comming but no matter how early I will go to bed...... it's still a fraggin' week man. COME OOOOONNNN!
WHINE!
WHINE!
WHINE!
 :'( A grown man has just cried. :'( Now how do ya feel.\
 ::)tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:01:01 PM »
Holy cow! Thanks!

So maybe I should record all my podcasts after midnight in strange hotel rooms!!!

Worsham...I'm savng my money for BIG HAIR!!!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 07:41:34 PM »

Worsham...I'm savng my money for BIG HAIR!!!

BIG HAIR??? Hmmm...like this?
Don Worsham

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 11:26:35 PM »
Michael,
Instead of your flattop .223, how about a M1 Carbine?  Short, light, 30 rd magazines, rail handguard available for the red dot.  If you hand load, you could adapt a TAP bullet, otherwise non FMJ are available (e.g. 110gr Soft Point from Georgia Arms)  Plus, since it's not a current military round (with small exceptions) surplus is still cheap.
A weapon mounted flashlight might be a problem unless someone makes a bayonet mount for one. (unless you went with an aftermarket stock that had rails like the Promag)  You can't get a folding stock for the AR platform.  With it, the m1 Carbine is really short for inside maneuvers.  The round is most likely quieter than .223.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:47:18 PM »

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 02:53:28 AM »
the ear protection is a great idea but where would someone look for suppressors? 

And does anyone make a holster for you pistol that you could connect to the rail so you'd have your entire home defense protection together for those middle of the night issues if you'd have to go get junior out of his room?
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 02:54:50 AM »
Michael,
Instead of your flattop .223, how about a M1 Carbine?  Short, light, 30 rd magazines, rail handguard available for the red dot.  If you hand load, you could adapt a TAP bullet, otherwise non FMJ are available (e.g. 110gr Soft Point from Georgia Arms)  Plus, since it's not a current military round (with small exceptions) surplus is still cheap.
A weapon mounted flashlight might be a problem unless someone makes a bayonet mount for one. (unless you went with an aftermarket stock that had rails like the Promag)  You can't get a folding stock for the AR platform.  With it, the m1 Carbine is really short for inside maneuvers.  The round is most likely quieter than .223.
there is always the "Caddyshack" duct tape job.
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 07:10:09 AM »
how about a M1 Carbine?  Short, light, 30 rd magazines, rail handguard available for the red dot. 

I'm with you Overload.
Don Worsham

texcaliber

• Top Forum Member
  • "My best friends are Smith & Wesson"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 07:30:57 AM »
I always wished for a M-1carbine in a 45acp. Now that cooking with Nalpam man.
tex
by the way i just quit sobbing.....THANKS AGAIN MICHAEL :D
tex
"All I need in life is Love and a .45!"

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 08:27:34 AM »
I've said before that the M1 Carbine is one of the most underrated self-defense firearm ever made...we had an interesting thread on the blog a couple of years ago where some really high-speed people, both military and LEO, wrote in to "testify" for the Carbine...remember, Jim Cirillo used a cut-down Carbine in his days in NYPD, and he told me he NEVER had any complaints about the gun or the cartridge. The whole story of a how a cartridge with the ballistics of the venerated 125-grain .357 police load came to be called an underpowered whimp is pretty interesting — essentially, the post-WW2 American gunwriters were in the pockets of various and sundry gun companies, and they needed something to criticize to maintain their cred. The Mi Carbine/.30 Carbine round fit the bill...it was out of production; most of the ammo available was military ball, which was over-penetrative and best of all, it was OLD in a period of time when NEW was worshiped.

A rifle-mounted light isn't a necessity, just a convenience...a flashlight in the weak hand on the forearm works almost as well, especially with these light-recoiling guns.

I think I'll get one of the new little guns from Auto-Ordnance and do a bunch of DOWN RANGE stuff with it...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk