Author Topic: Galil Ace .308 AK Platform "Pistol"  (Read 9358 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1110
Re: Galil Ace .308 AK Platform "Pistol"
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 12:56:43 PM »
The first link I posted shows 2,139 FPS out of an 11" barrel with a 180 Gr. bullet in .308. (Winchester 180 Gr. Power Point load). That's some serious velocity and energy for such a short barrel. Multiplied by 20 rounds, and you've got serious power in a very small, good handling, controllable package. Albeit LOUD as hell.

The Ace barrel is 11.8" so it would be about 2,200 FPS with a 180 grain bullet. That would give it approximately 1,934 foot-pounds of muzzle energy according to a ballistics calculator I found online. I couldn't find an exact figure for the .300 BLK but it looks like it's highest energy would be with a light bullet. It looks like it's 2/3 the muzzle energy of the .308 pistol, if that, and the bullet would only weigh about half as much as the .308 bullet. If anyone has a ballistic calculator on their computer they could get some more accurate numbers. It wouldn't surprise me if the .308 outclasses the .300 BLK even more than that.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk