Author Topic: Sig Over Glock?..... Not So Fast.  (Read 7326 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Sig Over Glock?..... Not So Fast.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »
http://www.guns.com/2017/05/23/sig-responds-to-allegations-it-sold-defective-pistols-to-new-jersey-police/

If all that's true, (and I'm not saying it isn't), and the problem was in fact ammo related, I can't believe Sig replaced so many parts. If your car doesn't start, you first look at the gas gauge before you even lift the hood.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 02:42:32 PM »
its very hard to blame the customer... more so when they are flat out lieing too you.

happens all the time.

Sig isn’t the first gun maker to be accused of supplying defective firearms to a law enforcement department. For instance, in 2013, a Florida sheriff’s office determined Glock had supplied service pistols with faulty firing pins, so it abruptly ended its contract with the gun maker. While the problem had been limited to the one department, neighboring agencies took notice. Yet, Glock, similar to Sig’s determination, said an investigation revealed the root of the problem to be ammunition and not the gun.

from toms link.

I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1109
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2017, 03:19:08 PM »
You would think that an agency spending tax payers $$ would do some extensive testing of a product before they spend $1.7 million

And if they did do that testing and it passed, what is different in the delivered samples?

If they did not do the testing, they have little grounds for wanting the holster cost reimbursed....but if they did do the testing, they would have a good case for that reimbursement.

They did testing before they spent all that money but it says in the article, "The agency realized the models they received (P229 Enhanced Elite) and the models they tested (P229 Legacy) were different." It looks like that's where the problems started and continued to get worse.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2017, 04:36:17 PM »
They did testing before they spent all that money but it says in the article, "The agency realized the models they received (P229 Enhanced Elite) and the models they tested (P229 Legacy) were different." It looks like that's where the problems started and continued to get worse.

that really means nothing, with out seeing the contract.   

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:29:08 AM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 582
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 05:50:01 PM »
Got to side with Tab on this one.  Contract rules. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 05:55:51 PM »
Like most problems that involve big, high dollar lawsuits, there are rights and wrongs on both sides here. Sig is claiming it's an ammo only problem. Yet by their own admission, they replaced many parts in these guns. Why would that be required if it was simply ammo related?

I think the state of New Jersey is trying to get out of this with as much money as possible. Hence the big lawsuit. They're idiots for trying to make Sig pay for over $800K worth of holsters. Lot's of blame to go around here on both sides of this fiasco.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 06:02:06 PM »
3 reasons why they would replace parts...

1 they were being lied about the ammo( likely)

2 its easier/cheaper to try and fix stuff even when the customer is wrong( likely)

3 there were probs with the parts ( it happens.)

notice how 2 of the 3 are the customers fault?

its kind of like the arm debacle.   the army said no too chrome lined barrels, changed the powder and preasure and did not send cleaning kits....

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 06:23:41 PM »
What if they were being lied to about the ammo? That's the first thing they themselves should check. It's the first thing we do when we have a gun that malfunctions. You try a different type of ammo. If that doesn't fix it, you try a different magazine. If that's not it, only then do you suspect parts as the problem.

Besides, Sig tests these guns with every make, type, and weight of ammo known to mankind..... Before they ever ship one. If ammo is a problem, they'll know which brand weight, and type to avoid. This all regardless of what the customer tells them. When you take your car into the dealer, they don't listen to you. They will diagnose the problem on their own, regardless of what you tell the service manager. That conversation never reaches the mechanic who ends up under your hood.

Timothy

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 06:28:55 PM »
First, it's NJ!  Who gives a phuque!

Second, a manufacturer will do what's required to correct an issue with the given facts.  If the facts are skewed, phuque em..

Third, Sig makes guns for boatloads of agencies all over the planet with no issues that I've found In a quick search to anything similar..

Fourth, my 40 year old Sig P6 was designed around the NATO 9mm parabellum and has fed every JHP I've fed it over the years...

Fifth..  it's NJ, phuque em!

Six, I've had a few cocktails...  but it's a fun read! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk