Author Topic: Lost A Great Friend & Musician Today  (Read 7589 times)

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lost A Great Friend & Musician Today
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 09:22:48 PM »
Prayer's sent, Jay.

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 02:25:31 PM »
George has been laid to rest. A memorial service was held today at a nearbye performing arts center. They say it holds about 1200 and it was standing room only. I couldn't stay because it wasn't helping me.
I can't really say anything to anyone around here because they all knew him and so posting here at least I feel like I'm saying something that everyone hasn't heard 20 times.

George could do anything on the keyboard or guitar, but I found one video clip of an informal jazz number at his wife's restaurant that show's him doing what came naturally on his Steinway.  Even if you're not a jazz person you'll be able to appreciate it when he takes his ride...that's just one snippet of what my friend could do...I'm going to miss him.

http://bloggingcapemay.blogspot.com/2012/04/george-mesterhazy-has-left-building.html

And another...with Bluebone and friends at Cape May Jazz Festival- it's just George doin' his thing. (I'm the fat bald guy in the back& singing the second clip.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG3FygXWq1Q

I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 12:45:39 AM »
Sorry for your loss Jaybet, and the world of Jazz's loss as well.  My step-daughter's grandpa is a Jazz drummer (played with some big names) and plays up in Portland every week.  I need to go hear him play some time before he's gone too (hope its a long time), thanks for the inspiration.

Prayers for you and yours,
Bryan
He who dares wins.  SAS

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 06:40:10 AM »
jay, thanks for the links!  As you said great music by any standards.  Sorry for your loss.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk