Author Topic: Switching providers for TV, and how much I love SG  (Read 1617 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Switching providers for TV, and how much I love SG
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:09:16 PM »
Switching from Directv to Verizon Fios, on 1/12/09, told the dude, I have to have the Outdoor channel or it is a deal breaker, He says yes it's part of basic programming. All set up for HD etc... but now I have 2 years worth of DVR recorded shows that will go back to Directv unless I record them to DVD. Old DVD recorder died. So went out today and bought a new recorder, and will start recording those shows tonight, and hopefully the missus will continue during the week. Would rather have spent the money on cartridges and magazines, but this is really important ;D ;D
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Switching providers for TV, and how much I love SG
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:00:46 PM »
UPDATE,  obviously, the old DVR outputs, except for HDMI, don't work, so after long phone calls and much cable switching, I cannot get the dvr to pass it's info to record to DVD, the output of the DVR, is Kaput. Too sad, So bad.  >:(  This really sucks, and not in a good way ;D

Have to regroup.

mtnscout

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Outdoor Channel + DR
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 09:01:10 PM »
Wednesday night is dad's night for the TV. I'm not happy with dishnetwork but because of wednesday night gun shows I won't switch.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Switching providers for TV, and how much I love SG
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 11:25:01 PM »
I got the output working, and have recorded the past episodes of SG, now the best defense.  :-[ Working on recording mundane but things I thought were cool movies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk