Author Topic: Glock Shooting too high ?  (Read 4582 times)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Glock Shooting too high ?
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2009, 09:33:00 AM »
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 11:18:33 AM »
http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=5734.0

It was probably close to a YEAR that I had the gun and was convinced I wasn't pulling it off target.  Had friends shoot it, and even several of them did exactly the same as me (shoot high).  I thought the other few were possibly aiming low  :-\.  In my case, after MUCH agrivation, time, and training, I found it to be...  The grip angle, height of the trigger in the frame, and just plane my holding the grip WRONG!  The Glock trigger is very grity, long to pull, and gets VERY hard to pull JUST before break (ALL JUST MY OPINION).  And I wouldn't change a thing with it considering that long, grity trigger is all that's operating as a safety on these weapons!  ;)

I recommend anyone shooting high with a Glock in particular put it in a vice to be 100% sure.  The factory triggers blow for target shooting.  But again, that isn't what Glocks were intended to do.

david86440

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 09:31:15 PM »
:o :o :o  Just call it a learning experience.  Go to a gun shop & pick up a S&W 617 and pull the trigger.   ;)

You may immediately consider throwing your Glock in the trash...  But wait!  Remember, the Glock trigger is also acting as a safety, and is intended for SD, not target shooting.

Before somebody starts a retarded rant comparing the two guns...  I'm NOT.  I'm talking about triggers!

This isn't my first gun.........it's my first GLOCK. After listening to you trash them I thought I may want to try one myself.

I realize now you don't have a clue what you are talking about because I thought it worked pretty slick.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 09:39:34 PM »
This isn't my first gun.........it's my first GLOCK. After listening to you trash them I thought I may want to try one myself.

I realize now you don't have a clue what you are talking about because I thought it worked pretty slick

And it does. The cool thing, at least to me, about the Glock trigger is that while its long, its also light till you get to the break point. This lets you take in the slack and know exactly when it will go bang. To me, this is the next best thing to a set trigger in a rifle. It helps my accuracy a lot. Your mileage may vary. I also like the fact that if you pull the trigger on an empty chamber the trigger stays locked back, letting you know at a glance whether there is a round in the chamber or not. Its not the best pistol in the world, but I will argue that its darn hard to beat for what its for and what they charge. Good enough for me to buy three of them anyway and carry when I am litterally trusting my life to them..
FQ13 who is not rich but could do a little horse trading and get pretty much any pistol I wanted. I choose Glock, take it or leave it.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 01:43:07 AM »

I realize now you don't have a clue what you are talking about because I thought it worked pretty slick.

Your probably right.  I should re-tune my target rifles to have triggers like Glocks...   ;)

No accounting for taste!  Glad your happy with you new gun!  

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:29:12 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk