Author Topic: Forgive me for I have sinned...  (Read 2198 times)

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Forgive me for I have sinned...
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:51:52 PM »
So most of you might remember that I'm retiring from the Navy soon, ad I was looking for something interesting for a retirementbgift.  I was weighing options of 1911s, double stackor single, high end, or one I could get cheap and customize.  Then I expanded the search to High Powers just because.  Well this weekend was the Nations Guns how in Chantilly and there is always something cool to look at.  One table always has various CZs and the SP01, P01, and CZ40 have me rethinking the 1911.  They feel awesome. If only I had the money for both >:(
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Timothy

Re: Forgive me for I have sinned...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:16:15 PM »
C'mon Kid!  Any excuse for a Hi-Power or a clone isn't worth questioning.  I've shot an original way back when!  I'd own one today regardless of my love of the 1911 platform. 

You deserve whatever you want!  No guilt...

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 06:22:01 PM »
Whew!! From your title, I thought you had gone and bought a Glock!!!   :o   ;)

I have a CZ-40P, little mutant gun, frame from a P01 and slide from the CZ-40B. I love it, fits me near as good as a Sig. Near as good, mind you, not AS good.

I also have a Browning HP Mk. III, love it too. It is, however, a safe queen and up for sale if you're interested. Comes with mags too.

And I have a Para LDA Commander 1911, which I ain't parting with!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Dakotaranger

• Happiness is a 1911 in your hand
  • Top Forum Member
    • Dakotaranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 06:25:34 PM »
A Hi-Power is worth the trepidation you feel straying from the 1911 platform.  I say go for it
"One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them." --Thomas Jefferson, letter to George Washington, 1796

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 06:29:09 PM »
Being a Koolaid drinking Glock fanboy, I do have to admit that the 1911 in combat trim is the most impressive looking pistol there is.

Without qualification, I can say that I'd choose a picture of a 1911 over a picture of a Glock hands down.    ;D ;D
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:13:18 AM »

jstm

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 06:33:28 PM »
Warning Hi Power is a sickness that you can not shake one is not enough.

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 07:07:18 PM »
Warning Hi Power is a sickness that you can not shake one is not enough.

Oh, crap!  Now you tell me! 
I recently picked up a BHP.  Is this going to be as bad as 1911-itis?

Majer

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 07:19:37 PM »
I'm a firm believer in all gun owners having at least 1 each of the classics,1911,Browning HiPower,Ruger 3 screw Blackhawk,S&W double action revolver etc.etc.
Now as for the HiPower as long as it's a Belgium made you won't have a need to add more to the collection... ;D ;D
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Pericles--"Freedom is only for those who have the guts to defend it".

The problem with society today is that not enough of us drink wine from our enemies skulls”.

It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, and 3 for proper trigger squeeze.

Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars!!!
-Sheriff Jim Wilson
"When tyranny becomes law rebellion becomes duty" Thomas Jefferson
Es gibt keine Notwendigkeit zu befürchten, Underdog hier ist.
Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage. Where are we now??????

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 581
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 08:38:51 PM »
The SP-01 is my most accurate centerfire of the bunch.  Feels good, shoots well, the trigger can be smoothed up.  The only reason I don't use it for concealed carry is size and weight. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

tombogan03884

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 08:45:02 PM »
The older CZ's were pretty and all CZ's have a good reputation.
But the High Power, The original "wonder nine" .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk