Author Topic: Ever hear of Rural King?  (Read 2434 times)

fatbaldguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Friends, don't let friends, shop Wal-Mart
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ever hear of Rural King?
« on: November 03, 2015, 05:56:58 PM »
They're a farm and fleet kinda store.  The local has a gun counter.  They generally have pretty good pricing too.

This past week's ad had the Armscor/RIA Model 206 revolver on sale for $199.99.  $214 out the door.  So I got one.  6 rounds of .38 Spcl, 2" bbl, all steel.

Reminiscent of the Cold Detective Special, but different.

Parkerized finish, don't really care as this is a BUG for bad breath distance.  I'll be keeping this in places that get really dirty.

Semi-teardrop wood grips, Ehhh, gotta go.  The Pachmayr for a Colt Detective will fit.

Double action trigger is smooth, but a bit on the firm side.  Single action is remarkably light and crisp.  I don't have a trigger scale, so I won't even guess a weights.

Lock up is about what you get from Charter Arms, better than the Taurus and Rossi revolvers I have handled.  No end shake that I can discern.

Point-ability is pretty good.  At 9 feet, it hits where I'm pointing it.  Not aiming mind you, pointing.  Aimed fire is not the best.  2" right, and an inch low at 30 feet.  3 different shooters, same results.

Recoil with the standard grips is noticeable, not unpleasant. I only put 100 rounds through it.  With the Pachmayr's it should be negligible.

Armscor/RIA say the gun will handle +P loads, just not a steady diet of them.  Ivan, at the Pahrump, NV site has put out an email about it. 

Was hoping to be able to use Safariland speedloaders.  No go.  Will have to use HKS instead.  That is in case this one ever gets relegated to primary EDC for any reason.  Besides, quick reloads are a choice that I want to have if needed.

This is an adequate choice for a BUG.  At least in that's the way I see it.

“It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.”

James Madison

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1119
Re: Ever hear of Rural King?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 06:46:54 PM »
That sounds like a good deal. Any pics?
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk