Author Topic: ruger charger 22lr  (Read 9352 times)

Gunfreak

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
ruger charger 22lr
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:52:52 PM »
Anybody have one or shot one? I figure the tried and true 10/22 action in this gun otta be good!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: ruger charger 22lr
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 08:05:11 PM »
The only one I have ever seen was at a LGS that is always over priced.  They wanted 495 for it!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

addict

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 08:23:19 PM »
They are pricey, but lots of users at rimfirecentral.com and they seem happy with it. Slightly unhappy on a parallel note, new production 10/22's are showing up with plastic lowers :'(. LCP, SR9 OK, but dont mess with my 10/22's!
Addict

gunman1911

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger Emeritus
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 01:40:24 PM »
I know metal has gone way up but plastic lowers on .22's Whats next plastic barrels?
Back up guns---Better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Lucas

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »
I am an avid 10/22 fan!!!  I have long dreamed of a 10/22 action in a pistol configuration.  I have no doubt that these pistols will perform, however I have handled the one at my local firearms dealer several times (going for $289) and it just does not feel right holding it with the bipod on it.  We took it off and it felt great in a pistol grip rifle stance.  With the bipod down this thing was more than stable with a wide range of motion.  It comes down quick and goes back up even quicker.  I havent got achance to shoot it yet but like I said Im sure it will perform.  If you are looking into buying one I would suggest a rifle scope or red dot over a handgun scope.  It just does not feel right holding it out like a pistol but pulled up close to the body like a rifle works great.  Just my bias, 10/22 loving, two cents.
By the ring of our swords, and the flash of our cannons, they will know that We Are Free

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:56:51 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 12:45:43 AM »
I know metal has gone way up but plastic lowers on .22's Whats next plastic barrels?

It could be, Metal working is becoming a lost art. I have been doing metal work, (sheet metal Fabrication on computer chassis etc.. and machining ) for over 20 years, I'm 48 and I'm STILL usually the "kid" on the job. Even CNC operators, the youngest guy I've worked with in the last 10 years is almost 40. Everything is going to some type of "Injection molding that "monkeys can do, "push this button, put every 10th part in that gauge , if it doesn't fit call your lead man."
Back in the 60's and 70's who would have believed if told about the Glock ?

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:24:01 AM »
umm yeah but Glock's are not ugly plastic...  they are "high-tech polymer."  ::)  Anyway.. about the Ruger Charger, I say one for the first time the other week..  nice looking little gun. I still don't know how to take it though.. a pistol, small rife, small mini-gun.. it's just different..  they are pricey though. I think they will be good little guns.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 08:31:58 AM »
umm yeah but Glock's are not ugly plastic...  they are "high-tech polymer."  ::)  Anyway.. about the Ruger Charger, I say one for the first time the other week..  nice looking little gun. I still don't know how to take it though.. a pistol, small rife, small mini-gun.. it's just different..  they are pricey though. I think they will be good little guns.

I don't think the current design will hold up in the market, as currently built they are almost entirely a Bullseye/ benchrest pistol. Getting rid of the bipod and making the stock smaller will make it more suitable for other uses.
Otherwise it HAS to be a good product as all they have done is repackage a proven reciever. With the mentioned modifications it should be an outstanding companoin to the 10/22 at the imfire Challenge ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 08:40:45 AM »
I want to see a fore end pistol grip instead of the bi pod.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 11:23:28 AM »
OK,  UGLY "high-tech polymer"

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk