Author Topic: '94 Lever Action  (Read 8879 times)

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
Re: '94 Lever Action
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2017, 09:12:16 PM »
OK.  I'll bid it...allright.  Sheesh...give a guy a break.   :o

The things I do for you guys.......   8)

It's the right thing to do, brother.  Would Jay or the Rabbit lead you astray? 

Damn right we would, but we'll have fun.

CR
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2017, 06:28:11 AM »
Alright...alright.  Gee whiz, give a break now c'mon. 

You guys can pester the warts off a frog.

You guys can watch along since you are so interested in telling me what to do...one is item 717739557 and the other is item 719731330...just search on those numbers.  I'm also cruising on item 721460545.  The 39A I may be willing to bid up but I'm not so certain about the Model 94....I'm behind right now but I'm interested in it.  That 3rd item, a Colt Scout Buntline is bid as high as I'm a gonna go. 

This is the 410: http://www.gunbroker.com/item/718982925
since I don't have it yet and I'll be to lazy to take pictures.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2017, 10:58:01 AM »
If you get the 94 and have any questions I've been into mine to the springs, nuts, and bolts 3 times now.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2017, 07:04:59 AM »
Sombody bid me up to my limit on that 39A.  Methinks I may be done.  The 1894 is about $10 bucks from my limit.  The $600 average ones look to be in better condition than this one.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2017, 06:08:59 AM »
$617.53 was my limit and someone wanted to spend $5 more to get it.  That was as far as I'd push sight unseen.

The Remington 1100 in 410 however, it is a real gem.  My FFL is a Ruger guy and he wants me to leave it with him....

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:52:50 PM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 07:11:27 AM »
If they're going after $600 for the Rossi guns you should just look new. That's high.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Timothy

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 10:25:41 AM »
If they're going after $600 for the Rossi guns you should just look new. That's high.

That’s my thought from my research.

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2017, 09:12:34 AM »
That 1100 in 410 is EXCELLENT.  I cut a fat hog in the ass on that one.  Not a blemish..at least nothing I can see.  Really nice.  I feel sorry for whoever sold it to the shop I bought it from.

The Model 94 with laminate stock I got for $240+ shipping.....super.  Not the 1956 model I was looking for but at that price I'll use it to trade up at a gun show.

Picked up a 39A for $415 in excellent condition with a really good scope.  I think I can trade up on that but it's too nice and the action to tight to let go of it.

Now the 742 in 30-06....delivered for $290 with a great scope.  742's are the best buy on Gunbroker these days.  Really nice.

All of the rifles have clean sharp bores and have less issues with the finish than I'll put on them the first time out.  I still need to get that 1956 manufacture Model 94 though.....

blackwolfe

• A Simple Man
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2017, 09:10:52 AM »
That 1100 in 410 is EXCELLENT.  I cut a fat hog in the ass on that one.  Not a blemish..at least nothing I can see.  Really nice.  I feel sorry for whoever sold it to the shop I bought it from.

The Model 94 with laminate stock I got for $240+ shipping.....super.  Not the 1956 model I was looking for but at that price I'll use it to trade up at a gun show.

Picked up a 39A for $415 in excellent condition with a really good scope.  I think I can trade up on that but it's too nice and the action to tight to let go of it.

Now the 742 in 30-06....delivered for $290 with a great scope.  742's are the best buy on Gunbroker these days.  Really nice.

All of the rifles have clean sharp bores and have less issues with the finish than I'll put on them the first time out.  I still need to get that 1956 manufacture Model 94 though.....

Sounds like you got some gems there without the price of gems.  Don't rule out the Marlin 336, especially if you can find the older ones at a good price.  I have an affinity for the straight stocked "Texan" models.
"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. "    Abraham Lincoln

Wolfe

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2017, 03:43:54 PM »
Sounds like you got some gems there without the price of gems.  Don't rule out the Marlin 336, especially if you can find the older ones at a good price.  I have an affinity for the straight stocked "Texan" models.

A 336 was the first centerfire rifle I purchased.  They are stronger than the Winchesters...and mine is a shooter.  But...I need an old historical '94 so I'm going to buy in and trade up...or so I think.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk