Author Topic: Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado  (Read 25389 times)

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Navy SEAL Lessons Learned From Aurora Colorado
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »
+1 Solus!

tombogan03884

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 10:30:12 AM »
When I was 16 I started choosing a seat where I could have my back to the wall and see the doors.

Often when being seated with a group, I'd ask the person who had taken my preferred seat to switch with me....  For some reason I didn't like heading to the table first, but went last...perhaps to not have folks following close behind me...

Folks I hung out with knew my preference and one time when I asked the girl who took the seat I preferred to switch the girl who had the seat  made a comment to the effect  "Why do you make such a big deal about having your back to the wall?".  I asked her "Having your back to the wall isn't a big deal to you?"  She answered  "Of course not".  To which I replied    "Good.  Scoot over then, thanks."

I also avoid sitting in the middle on a bench.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
I also avoid sitting in the middle on a bench.

Oh yes....the end or pull up a chair.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 11:50:43 AM »
Depends where you are....at the dog park, the dogs tend to piss on the ends of the benches...occupied or no.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 03:31:29 AM »

Folks I hung out with knew my preference and one time when I asked the girl who took the seat I preferred to switch the girl who had the seat  made a comment to the effect  "Why do you make such a big deal about having your back to the wall?".  I asked her "Having your back to the wall isn't a big deal to you?"  She answered  "Of course not".  To which I replied    "Good.  Scoot over then, thanks."
And they say chivalry is dead. Gives a whole new meaning to "women and children first". ROFL. ;D
FQ13

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:51:06 PM »

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 05:51:33 AM »
they put this in the news.com.au  back when it cam out after the shooting to my surprise..
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

justbill

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 06:42:35 PM »
Think seriously about whether it’s worth a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) permit  in states where you’re likely to get screwed by a jury if you use it.

So it's better to face of an armed attack with harsh language?

tombogan03884

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
Think seriously about whether it’s worth a Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW) permit  in states where you’re likely to get screwed by a jury if you use it.

So it's better to face of an armed attack with harsh language?

That isn't what he's saying, he's saying that if you live in a state that opposes SD You want to think about the consequences before you go through the hassle and expense of getting the permit.
I don't know NYC's self defense laws but they are the poster child for "Antigun".
Lets say you spend the hundreds or thousands of dollars in fees and bribes needed to get a NYC permit.
If you actually need to use it you stand a very good chance of being portrayed as a "vigilante" and facing the exact same charges as if you had been the criminal.
For myself, if I lived in a place like that I would save the money, avoid the notice and just pick up a private sale "throwaway" that no one would know I had unless I needed it, then , considering the low closure rate on murders I would just shut my mouth and walk away, ditching the piece at some distance.

Timothy

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »
You're a machinist Tom!  Just grind it into dust....

How many guns are here in that are NOT registered?  Not saying I have any but....

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
You're a machinist Tom!  Just grind it into dust....

How many guns are here in that are NOT registered?  Not saying I have any but....

Hard to do ballistic testing on a pile of milling chips that have been dumped into a dumpster full of other milling chips.  ;D

Up here even the ones bought at a store aren't "registered".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk