Author Topic: The Jim Zumbo "Defection"  (Read 69266 times)

JohnE

• Forum Member
    • PhotoWarez
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Jim Zumbo "Defection"
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2007, 11:38:54 AM »
Sigh.....Well, looks to me (whether an apology or not) the damage has been done.

One of the members here said,
An assault rifle or carbine is one that is capable of “selective fire”, i.e. capable of semi-automatic and/or automatic or burst modes.

I use an AR-15 to hunt coyotes and not once have I been able to find the third mode switch on my safety.  And I certainly don't think that I'm carrying around a 'Assault Rifle' in the woods either.  I believe I made the right choice in rifles to do the hunting I prefer.  And that member is absolutely correct, my rifle of choice is NOT capable of automatic or burst modes.  But now I'm afraid it maybe banned in the future, thanks to the damage done.
Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart

WymoreWrangler

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2007, 10:46:14 PM »
Got to throw a big thank you to Michael for letting me join this forum, I tried to join Ted Nugents forum but was denied because I had a "free" hotmail account, I know of a gent trying to get on with a Yahoo account that was denied also, guess they really don't want to hear from every day American gun owners....

Buckfever4Life

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2007, 07:29:47 AM »
I hope I dont step on anyones toes with this one, especially since it is my second post on this forum. I hope that I am not out of line on this reply. If so, please accept my appology and removed it from the thread. I found this on another forum.

Zumbo has found himself a new job, and wasted no time in setting up a new blog.........

As I write this, I'm opening boxes of Post-It Notes in the main store in southeastern Wyoming with Freddie Svenson, Dayshift Manager for 3M, Grant Vennison, who is senior research engineer for 3M, and several other stock boys. We're testing Freddie's keys to his 1978 Pacer on several boxes of the new, hot-pink Post-It Notes.

I must be living in a vacuum. Grant tells me that the use of 'box cutters' have a rapidly growing following among stockmen, especially office supply workers. I had no clue. Only once in my life have I ever seen anyone using one of these dangerous utensils.

I call them "assault" utensils, which may upset some people. Excuse me, maybe I'm a traditionalist, but I see no place for these weapons among our restocking fraternity. I'll go so far as to call them "terrorist" utilities as they were used in bringing down airplanes on 9-11. They tell me that some companies are producing "safety" blades.

Sorry, folks, in my humble opinion, these things have no place in opening boxes. We don't need to be lumped into the group of people who terrorize the world with them, which is an obvious concern. I've always been comfortable with the statement that stock clerks don't use assault box cutters. We've always been proud of our "just sharp enough keys."

This really has me concerned. As stock replenishers, we don't need the image of walking around the store carrying one of these weapons. To most of the public, a box cutter is a terrifying thing. Let's divorce ourselves from them. I say other departments should ban them from the warehouse and showfloor.

Snake45

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2007, 07:53:07 AM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
And he's dreaming about an intruder or two
And the promise of burglar blood,
And he's yearning to chew on a gangster tattoo
And to hear the proverbial sickening thud...

--Warren Zevon, "Rottweiler Blues," Mutineer c1995

Mak380

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »
Here in AZ we have a "stupid motorist" law. If you drive around the barricades & enter a flooded area (flooded area = water running in the river and surrounding area, like a canal, only not so contained) and require rescue to save your life, you can be charged with the cost of that rescue. Your actions directly resulted in your peril.

I saw a quote on a bowhunting website, that claimed Jim Zumbo had been cautioned against making his ill-fate blog post. (And we know *EVERY* thing on the internet is true!) Do you have any way of verifying with Jim Z if this is the case?

To stretch the analogy... he might have expected 2 feet of water, I don't think he expected the dam to burst on him.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 03:22:22 PM »

2Late45

• Forum Member
  • Retired Vet. NRA Life member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 05:37:24 PM »
 A little different analogy,  just as in our shooting sports, when shooting off your mouth you should be wary of, and ready for "Riccochetts"  (sp)...    ::)
For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known....

Liberty4Ever

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2007, 11:52:31 AM »
Zumbo's Offenses:

1) The arrogance to decide for other hunters what weapon is appropriate for them.

2) The uber-arrogance to decide which weapons are appropriate for recreational shooters who don't hunt and those who own firearms for self defense.

Bill Ruger and Smith & Wesson sold out American gun owners in the run-up to the Brady Bill. Well, deja vu all over again. Jim Zumbo is the modern day traitor to those of us who value the Second Amendment. He made the mistake of believing in the gun grabber lie and the strategy of divide and conquer. "We're not interested in your hunting rifle. Help us eliminate those evil black guns and we'll leave you alone." Yeah. Right. As soon as citizens are banned from owning ARs, AKs and similar semi-automatic rifles, your hunting rifle is called a sniper rifle and is targeted for elimination. Zumbo MUST have been living in his little hunting vacuum if he doesn't understand this. I never read Zumbo's arrogant tripe anyway. Good riddance.

Maybe I don't hunt and I think hunters who shoot coyotes (aka "dogs") at 300 yards and leave the carcasses on the ground are a perceptual problem for all gun owners, but I don't sell them out to The Brady Bunch to try to maintain what gun ownership means to me.

It's amazing that Jim Zumbo managed to make a living in the firearms industry without ever understanding the meaning of the Second Amendment.

Sorry, but an apology isn't good enough this time. Like the false and libelous newspaper headline followed by the retraction printed in one column inch on page D-22, the apology will not be read by gun grabbers or their political allies. They only see what Zumbo truly believes, and not his CYA apology in a belated attempt to keep a small part of his livelihood.

The original blog entry is now replaced with a message from Remington announcing they absolutely do not agree with Zumbo, and have severed ties with him, as has Outdoor Life magazine. Their PR announcement had a tone of regret, as they acknowledged that Zumbo had been a lifelong advocate of hunters and hunting rights. Exactly. He supported hunting, but he has not been an advocate for the right to keep and bear arms.  He has only sought to protect his small (and shrinking) part of the larger world of gun ownership. He has benefited and even profited from the protections of the Second Amendment which he so thoughtlessly betrayed.

Spodeboy

• Forum Member
  • I got bad teeth!
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 08:49:45 PM »
Jim Zumbo must have been seduced by a lot of money and/or a sudden lust for the main stream media's approval.  I think he now wants a job at the New York Times.
In all things MODERATION.  Especially, MODERATION!

lake

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2007, 05:40:23 PM »
475bbb ; I am a dedicated g-hog /coyote varmint hunter in Ohio. I proudly use ar-15/ ar-10 heavy barrel rifles hunting . nothing gives you a :'( cleanest ,quickest ,humane manner as possible . So i'm using the best tool for the job . we hunters strive for the perfect shot placement , We are not perfect so i at least owe it too the g-hog ,coyote deer or what ever for a fast follow up shot. Mr. Zumbo shame on you .

conagher

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2007, 01:20:05 PM »
This past year my son and I hunted a few times with our AR15's  (M4 configuration.)  He killed a whitetail buck (neck shot) and a coyote (shoulder shot on the run.)  I killed a 200 lb. boar with a head shot.  The gun does fine if you can shoot.  Works on Islamoterrorists, too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk