Author Topic: Lost A Navy Veteran, And A Father Figure Today.  (Read 4875 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lost A Navy Veteran, And A Father Figure Today.
« on: April 15, 2012, 05:18:53 PM »
My close friends Father. Eugene Swinehart, lost his battle with cancer this morning, I have just received the news. We last met at his sons birthday party late last summer, and many times prior to that for BBQ, beer, cigars and good times. He always wanted to know "What the hell kinda gun did you get now?" After my Garand and Luger purchase, along with my Mauser's, Moisin's, and 1911's, he always wanted me to bring "something" to fondle, enjoy, and bitch about Obama...

This man served on a "tin can" Destroyer in Korea, started from scratch a marina/service business, loved fishing probably a little more than his wife of 40+ years, and was a staunch anti Obama voter... I mean, he took "cussing like a sailor" to another level when he talked about Obama..

His son Keith, is my co-worker, range buddy, good friend, and was kind enough to let me meet his Father Gene many times before his passing today....

Here are a couple of photos at last summer's B-Day party...God he loved my 1911...

RIP Gene...you are missed. You are someone I so admired meeting....A life of hard work, family, honor, service, and hated BHO.

A good man...

:'(

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Timothy

Re: Lost A Navy Veteran, And A Father Figure Today.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 05:29:11 PM »
RIP and condolences to friends and family.

Fair Winds Mr. Swinehart!

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 06:12:42 PM »
My condolences.  God gives us talent and the people in our lives...the rest is circumstance. Remember him fondly.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

crusader rabbit

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 06:18:57 PM »
Thank you for your service to our country, Mr. Swinehart...

Now, RIP as you sail those celestial shores.

From another old Navy vet,

Crusader Rabbit
“I’ve lived the literal meaning of the ‘land of the free’ and ‘home of the brave.’ It’s not corny for me. I feel it in my heart. I feel it in my chest. Even at a ball game, when someone talks during the anthem or doesn’t take off his hat, it pisses me off. I’m not one to be quiet about it, either.”  Chris Kyle

Ulmus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
    • Gunslinger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
Sorry for such a loss. Prayer's sent.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 10:51:56 AM »

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 06:38:48 AM »
Sorry for your loss.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »
Sorry for the loss.   :(
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk