Author Topic: Concealed Carry Clothes  (Read 20246 times)

Cale

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Concealed Carry Clothes
« on: April 08, 2009, 10:13:32 PM »
I live in the hot humid gulf coast and I am looking for good concealed carry clothing.  I don't wear vest, or jackets in summer I usually tuck my shirt in and usually have on golf shorts and knit shirt.  As I look through the options for concealed carry it really limits you for summer wear.  And to add to the problem I currently only have a Beretta Cougar 8040F and a Walthers P22 as my handguns.  The cougar is heavy and the walthers doesn't pack the punch I prefer for defense.  Any suggestions and a new sub compact gun is out due to the economy.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Concealed Carry Clothes
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:34:14 PM »
I live in the hot humid gulf coast and I am looking for good concealed carry clothing.  I don't wear vest, or jackets in summer I usually tuck my shirt in and usually have on golf shorts and knit shirt.  As I look through the options for concealed carry it really limits you for summer wear.  And to add to the problem I currently only have a Beretta Cougar 8040F and a Walthers P22 as my handguns.  The cougar is heavy and the walthers doesn't pack the punch I prefer for defense.  Any suggestions and a new sub compact gun is out due to the economy.

A coral or teal t-shirt and a white linen jacket. You can't argue with a classic. Seriousl I'm in the same boat. Just be glad that solid color Hawaian shirts are ack in style and go with that. Otherwise untuck the golf shirt.
Fightingquaker13

Steyr M40A1

• Top Forum Member
  • Steyr MxA1 Series Pistols
    • My pistol picts
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:04:25 PM »
I know that 5.11 makes shorts with pockets large enough to carry your pistols.
And many of the IWB holsters are tuckable.
Just my $.02
Richard Cook

"Keep your booger hook off the bang switch" -Babj615 Steyrclub.com

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb." Benjamin Franklin

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:14:42 AM »
Two words: Hawaiian Shirts.

Four More: The Wilderness Sonoran Shirts.
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

r_w

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »
I have all the clothes mentioned and they do work, but....

A few shirts and pairs of shorts are a few hundred bucks, over halfway to an LCP or J-frame.  Just saying an different pistol could be the cheapest option.
"Why are you carrying a pistol?  Expecting trouble?"

"No Maam.  If I was expecting trouble, I'd have a rifle."

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 07:08:25 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 08:49:46 AM »
rw,

I am in FL and all I carry is my P3AT.  Same problem as you with larger guns.  A tee shirt and shorts don't hide much.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

1776 Rebel

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 09:11:45 AM »
It would seem that if your not wearing much, and it's a hot environment, you might want to check out something like a smartcarry. The guy that sells them is down in Largo Fl and he designed it just for the reasons stated in the OP.

www.smartcarry.com

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 09:15:55 AM »
It would seem that if your not wearing much, and it's a hot environment, you might want to check out something like a smartcarry. The guy that sells them is down in Largo Fl and he designed it just for the reasons stated in the OP.

www.smartcarry.com

Charlie Parrot is a real good guy, you might have to wait for your holster as he makes them himself, but if you say you heard about it on Tom Greshams Guntalk he will give a 10% discount.
He's also an Old Corps Marine  ;D

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 09:36:21 AM »
Smart carry doesn't work well for us fat guys.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Timothy

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 09:50:07 AM »
I carry a 4-1/4" 1911 in a belt holster with t-shirt untucked in the summer.  I wouldn't say it's perfect but behind the hip with a holster that brings the bulk of the gun above the beltline, it works.  I wear 2xl t-shirts, not because I need to so much as I like a loose fitting shirt..., long/tall golf shirts or button "shop" shirts too...

It might be the holster, not the gun...not the greatest in the summer but until I get the small revolver I've ordered, it works for me. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk