Author Topic: So you say you like the Lee Enfield action?  (Read 12364 times)

Badgersmilk

So you say you like the Lee Enfield action?
« on: April 11, 2009, 10:12:05 PM »
Ran into an Australian International Arms M10-A2 today at a local dealer.  Never seen anything from them before.  Seemed very well made, super smooth operation, clean machining, great fit and finish.  $699.00.  (this dealer usually charges about 30% more for firearms than anyone else in the state though...  Gander Mountain)

Really cool little rifle!  I love anything 7.62X39!  Would've been more excited about this rifle if the stock werent so short that when in shooting position the rear peep sight was about 1" from my eyeball!  Little pup must've weighed 11 pounds empty!

http://www.australianinternationalarms.com.au/

Look under "product.." for better pics of all their rifles.

When cocked, the back end of the firing pin sticking out of the bolt would have been touching my eyeball if I didnt hold my head back from it when trying to look through the sights.  Made for really short asian dudes, kids, or what???

Steel butt plate with cleaning kit storage was slick!  Nice to see a new gun not all "plasticy".

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: So you say you like the Lee Enfield action?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 06:22:41 AM »
Man that is some beautiful furniture, and fit and finish on those weapons! When I see guns manufactured like that, it inspires me that there is still hope left in this crazy world of ours.   Bill T.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 07:22:55 AM »
According to all this they should shoot as well as they look!  Mention the brand name to your local dealers to spread the word and invite a quality competitor to Cerberus into the market! 

"Our production is limited in quantity as we build the rifles, they are not mass-produced items. We only construct about 1,000-1,200 units each year because of all the hand-work required for metal, wood, fitting & tuning of each rifle

CNC milling, forged steel receivers, full-floating barrel, a stronger charger bridge to stiffen the action, and a contemporary magazine case.

AIA’s original concept was to utilise some surplus No.4 parts, but it was found that most ‘new’ parts were rejects. The Model 10 is made entirely from new parts, using high grade steel and teak timber; no plastic, nylon or alloy. A heavier rifle, but as competition shooters and marksmen attest, they are more accurate.

The CIA/Woolwich hung trigger, Stevens-Savage bolt head release, early hinged outer bands, two-stage trigger, Lithgow cocking piece, dual L-aperture (Singer Mk I range adjustable leaf will fit), Long Branch safety lever and L42A1 sniper bedding plate on 7.62x 51mm models, are incorporated in AIA’s ‘new’ M10.

The No.4-type action is stronger, with an enlarged bolt-head rib. A recessed bolt-head houses the extractor and ejector. The fully adjustable front sight, rigid mount for a Picatinny rail (for telescope), hard chrome chamber and bore, and Brewer barrel system elevate the new AIA into the 21st century."

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:59:04 AM »
Good looking guns.  I really like the full furniture models.  No price listed and I am SURE they are not what I would call affordable.  ;)
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 06:57:44 PM »
yep,   they are very cool,   

I have been thinking of getting one in with full wood on it,   in .308

they are based on the No4 Lee Enfield

even better they are made here   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.lawranceordnance.com/lawrance-ordnance/rifles-aia-no4-mkiv.html
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:09:28 AM »

Dharmaeye

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 07:10:57 PM »
Have an Ishy myself, Big difference that allowed the 7.62 X 51, was the advancement of using molybdenum steel.

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »
7.62x39?  Interesting choice of caliber.  For the price ($600), what are the advantages over other rifles that fire 7.62x39mm?
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »
7.62x39?  Interesting choice of caliber.  For the price ($600), what are the advantages over other rifles that fire 7.62x39mm?

for me  Bolt action     ::)

so I can have one  ;)
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 09:01:36 PM »

for me  Bolt action     ::)

so I can have one  ;)
Asking it differently:
1) If you had $600 for a bolt gun, you'd get it in 7.62x39mm?
2) If you had $600 for a 7.62x39mm gun, you'd get a bolt gun?
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 09:35:03 PM »
I always liked the look of the L39 and L42 sniper rifles. I'd have to have the M10 B1 or B2.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk